The heir to the Zeonic corporation, Leopold is a failed soldier who washed out of basic training on Earth and was shipped back to Side 3. Assigned to investigate the recent rash of bombings, he uncovers the plot against Gihren, and winds up in a lot of trouble.
Elise Anne Finnegan
A close friend of Leopold's from when they were children, she currently works in Cecilia's office.
Brigadier-General Henri Schlesser
Commanding officer of Zeon's Capital Defence Division, Schlesser is a respected officer and Zeon Deikun loyalist. From early on, it is strongly hinted that he is involved in the Valkyrie
Leopold's one-time commanding officer, Lance lost an arm in combat, and is now a member of Schlesser's Capital Defence Division.
A mysterious figure who leads the Valkyrie
plot from the shadows. He is the target of Leopold's manhunt.
Gihren Zabi's secretary, aide de campe, and all around assistant, Cecilia is Elise's boss, and liasons with the general staff on Gihren's behalf. She takes an active interest in the Valkyrie
case, keeping track of Leo's progress, while taking advantage of his relationship with Elise to slip him information she believes to be pertinent. Sees everything through the lenses of her, and Gihren's, political agenda.
- Badass Bureaucrat: An evil version, acting as an obstructive bureaucrat, but possessing the personality of The Baroness and the portfolio of The Spymaster.
- The Baroness: Aloof, chilly, and totally devoted to Gihren.
- Battle Butler: Clearly has some combat training, though given that she and Gihren are both members of the army, this is to be expected.
- The Big Bad: If you view the Gihren faction rather than the conspirators as the villains, Cecilia is this. She's also Reginlief, and set-up the entire plot per Gihren's orders.
- Blondes are Evil: Very.
- The Chessmaster
- Despotism Justifies the Means: Will do anything if it means that Zeon, and more importantly, Gihren, end up ruling the world.
- Diabolical Mastermind: As Reginlief.
- The Dragon: Gihren's, in a political sense if nothing else. She acts as his Number Two, runs the army in his absence, deals with administrative trivia whilst he's out giving Rousing Speeches, and does almost all the behind the scenes dirty work.
- '80s Hair: Which is particularly glaring given that most of the other characters have more modern manga hair styles and character designs.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Belldandy as Gihren's secretary and assumed lover, Ewwwwwwwwww! No thank you.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Of the cold and icy variety.
- Join or Die: Gives this option to Leopold, while holding him at gunpoint. He can either play ball and be the "hero" she and Gihren want him to be, or she'll shoot him on the spot.
- The Man Behind the Man: To the Valkyrie plot, through her Reginlief identity.
- Manipulative Bastard
- A Nazi by Any Other Name: All of Zeon does this, but Cecilia, like Gihren himself, is much more obvious about it.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Of the dark variety. Cecilia handles all the black operations that the rest of the brass don't like to think about.
- Secret Keeper: Gihren's keeper of the keys.
- Sexy Secretary: Downplayed. Cecilia's very attractive certainly, but her position, cold demeanour, and efficency ensure that no one treats her like a sex object.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Looks like a Proper Lady. Is actually The Baroness. The more time you spend in her company, the more obvious the latter becomes.
- The Spymaster: This seems to be a part of Cecilia's portfolio. Despite her lack of official title, most of Zeon's intelligence gathering agencies, whether military or civilian answer to her, and she's got serious influence in military intelligence, the actual intelligence agencies, and the police by way of the interior ministry.
- Stepford Smiler: Type C. If Her breakdown at the end is any indicator, Cecilia's a very damaged woman underneath her frosty exterior.
- Undying Loyalty: To Gihren. She buries all the bodies for him, effectively runs Zeon in his absence, and subordinates all her desires to his goals.
- Unholy Matrimony: Rumoured to be Gihren's mistress. This is never confirmed or disproven.
- Villainous Breakdown: After news of Gihren's death reaches her.
A member of the Royal Guard, Filius was scouted out and trained by Ace Pilot
Eric Mansfield. Left behind when Mansfield heads out to the battlefield, Filius and his subordinates, Vanessa Vermillion and Gaius Xemela form the cornerstone of the Royal Guard's defence during the uprising.
- Ace Pilot: He has no combat experience, yet still has a fearsome reputation. By the end of the arc, he qualifies in the more legitimate sense as well.
- Antivillain: A remarkably sympathetic character, given that he's a member (albeit indirectly) of the Gihren faction.
- Badass: The only character who can make Lance Garfield blink.
- The Dreaded: The conspirators spend a great deal of time trying to figure out how to neutralise Filius and his team.
- Ensign Newbie: He has greater raw talent than any of the soldiers under his command, but has never seen combat.
- Hero Killer: More than lives up to his reputation.
- Praetorian Guard
- The Stoic
- Super Prototype: The MS-17 Galbaldy a. Never mass-produced, Filius is the only pilot known to have flown it during the OYW, with impressive results.
- Teen Genius
- Terrible Trio: Alongside Gaius and Vanessa.
- Weak, but Skilled: Filius' lack of endurance is his greatest weakness. His enormous talent almost compensates for this.
One of Filius' subordinates.
Filius' other subordinate, and a longtime friend of Vanessa's.
The eldest son of the Zabi family, Commander-in-Chief of Zeon's armed forces, and the target of the assassination plot. More about him can be found on the Mobile Suit Gundam character sheet
- Bigger Bad: Gihren only ever appears in the background, but his ominous presence hangs over the entire series.
- Cain and Abel: With Kycilia. The entire plot is aimed at discrediting her and giving him a reason to have her arrested. And then there's the revelation that he probably had his brother Saslo/Laslo/Cicero killed before the series began.
- The Evil Prince
- The Man Behind the Man: To Cecilia and the entire assassination plot.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Takes Adolf Hitler's place as the target of the Valkyrie plot.
- Rousing Speech: Gives a few of them, which can be seen being broadcast on viewscreens whenever Leo or the other characters are out in public.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Had David Schiller's entire family imprisoned or executed after the latter exposed a plot against him.
Gihren's younger sister, Kycilia is peripherally involved in Valkyrie
, eventually attempting to subvert the plot to her own ends. More on her can be found on the Mobile Suit Gundam character sheet