Characters: Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom
A Character Sheer for Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom.
The Thief (Tepeu)A young thief who ventures into the ruins of the old kingdom in search of the Majin to save his friends and their forest home from certain destruction. He offers to work with the Majin as equals to defeat the Darkness. As the animals in the forest never gave him an actual name, the Majin(Teotl), decides to names him Tepeu. As it turns out, Tepeu was the name of the first king, and just like the current Tepeu, Teotl also agreed to partner up with him. The Majin spent many years happily looking after the kingdom and his best friend's descendants, but the fall of the last kingdom ended his happiness.
- Badass Normal
- The Hero
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Not HIM, the darkness. The darkness trapped the Majin with a spike, but the exposure to him sealed some of his power in it. Tepeu then gained the use of the spike, and by extension combining with the Majin's powers, due to this.
- Jumped at the Call: His friends and home are under threat so he takes it upon himself to defeat The Darkness. Something entire armies failed to do.
- Justified Criminal: Left to fend for himself at a young age and with food in increasing short supply he took to stealing from rich people hoarding it all for themselves. His animal friends are quite grateful for him doing this to help feed them.
- No Name Given: When introducing themselves to each other he mentions the animals simply called him human, which makes sense given his speaking to them is so rare that they don't really need to be specific, and he has no actual name. Teotl then decides to call him Tepeu which mirrors his first meeting with a friendly traveler named Tepeu, later King Tepeu, who on that occasion gave the nameless majin a proper name.
- Parental Abandonment: He was abandoned by his parents after their discovery he could speak with animals. The exact age he was at the time is unclear but he was certainly old enough to remember them leaving him.
- Raised by Wolves: He was raised to adulthood by the animals in the forest after being abandoned by his parents.
- Speaks Fluent Animal
- Stealth Expert: Snuck past ENTIRE ARMIES just to get to the capital of the kingdom. The stealth sections have you easily dispatching the invincible dark soldiers with only one hit using a Back Stab.
The Majin (Teotl)The legendary guardian of the kingdom, who hasn't been seen for many years. As it turns out, he was pinned down by the Dark Soldiers to a rock using a spike. The thief frees him, and offers that they partner up to destroy the darkness. The Majin agrees, and names his new friend Tepeu. The two journey throughout the kingdom, regaining the use of Teotl's powers while destroying the darkness. Helped found the kingdom by partnering up with the first king, the original Tepeu, in order to stop the wars plaguing the land He happily looked after his best friend's descendants and kingdom, but the people never understood him. As a result, he was treated as a tool, and eventually his power led to the kingdom's downfall.
- And I Must Scream: The Majin lived alone for hundreds of years pinned down by a spike, with nothing to do but bemoan his failure to protect the kingdom. This later turns out to be Hoist by His Own Petard on the Darkness' part, as the energy sealed in the Spike is now Tepeu's weapon.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: What happens to him when you finally meet Xolotl. He doesn't stay like that for long, however.
- Dumb Muscle: Not that it hampers him aiding Tepeu but Teotl isn't the most articulate or intellectual of heroes. Though he is seemingly still a great judge of character.
- Elemental Powers: The Majin's powers, sealed inside the fruits scattered throughout the kingdom.
- Blow You Away: The wind powers, which can trap enemies in wind and create mini storms.
- Extra Ore Dinary: The purification powers, which can encase enemies in crystal and solidify darkness and is one of the most powerful elements for the sole reason that ANY combination attack using this is a One-Hit Kill. May also count as Dishing Out Dirt due to the crystal properties, and Light 'em Up because it's called Purification.
- Playing with Fire: The flame powers, of course. Aside from just breathing fire, the Majin can also create fire bombs.
- Shock and Awe: The Lightning powers, which can energize the broken technology of the kingdom aside from electrifying enemies.
- Famed In-Story / Living Legend: The powers of the Majin are famed throughout the Kingdom and feared by it's enemies. Teotl's still pretty badass when Tepeu finds him in his weakened state. And pretty much lives up the legend when restored to full power.
- Gentle Giant: He would rather be left in peace and not fight at all despite his prowess in battle. But he fights for the people he cares for nonetheless.
- Hulk Speak
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Doesn't remember most of his past life, but every time a boss is beaten or he regains his powers, he also gets back his memory.
- Meaningful Name: Subverted. Majin actually means "The Devil's Servant" a name used by the Kingdoms enemies to insult the King as much as Teotl himself. Though it seems the insult backfired considering the term Majin carries only positive connotations. However played straight in the finale when he's forced to fight Tepeu and Toci. The devil in this case being the darkness corrupted King.
- Nigh Invulnerable: He can be defeated in battle, no small measure in of itself, but seemingly even then he can only be weakened not destroyed. It's only when he's absorbed an armies worth of the darkness minions can he be turned into one of their pawns by the corrupted King. But even then it's only really containing him and doesn't last.
- Undying Loyalty: To the first King, the founder of the Kingdom of Q'umarkaj. And his descendants, especially young Toci.
The Princess (Toci)
- Action Girl
- Badass Princess
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Unlike Tepeu, the Darkness never seems to touch her. Then again, it's not like it could anyway.
- Damsel in Distress: She was trapped inside a crystal by the Majin to keep her safe from the Darkness, but is later freed by Tepeu while the Majin is still being possessed.
- Dual Wielding: Wields two large swords with ease.
- Flower in Her Hair: She wears a chain of flowers in her hair, and still kicks ass with it.
- Guest Star Party Member: She joins you in the final fight when The Majin becomes possessed by the Darkness.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Silk Hiding Steel
- The Smurfette Principle: Aside from her mother, Ixtab, who is later defeated, she is the only female to appear ingame.
- Spirited Young Lady: When Tepeu says that it would be best for Toci to stay behind before they fight the final boss, she says "No, I'm coming with you. besides, I can protect myself."
The Dark Generals
Four powerful Darkness guardian assigned to protect the magic seal on the castle. Only by defeating them all can our heroes confront their leader.
Tropes that apply to all of the Dark Generals
CaprakanThe first dark general encountered. Caprakan was once the Captain of the Guard before the fall of the kingdom.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies
- Blue and Orange Morality: He claims the Darkness and it's "people" are now free from poverty, war and even death. And better still that it has been the protagonists who have been slaying the souls of his innocent citizens. Subverted in that once freed from the corruption it's clear such an outlook was a result of The Corruption.
- The Captain: Caprakan was once the Captain of the Guard.
- Large Ham: Though only in his corrupted state.
- My Country, Right or Wrong: Holds the view his loyalty is only to the citizens of the kingdom. Those "citizens" being twisted abominations is largely irrelevant. A trait that likely resulted from him holding this belief before the Captain found himself a corrupted general for the Darkness.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Pretty much the first thing he says when defeated and released from the Darkness."What...Where...What Have I done?!"
- My Greatest Failure: Failing to protect his kingdom and his king form the Darkness.
- Tragic Villain
- Wall Crawl
B'alamThe second dark general encountered. B'alam was once the kingdoms Prime Minister.
- Ambition Is Evil
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: he looks like a huge praying mantis, with bat ears.
- Didn't See That Coming: He desposed the King and had him replaced with his weakling son. Even married the prince off to his daughter. He was all set to rule through a Puppet King. But then the king turned to something no-one could seen coming.
- Eyeless Face
- Laser-Guided Karma: B'alam placed a weak King on the throne, one who was actually physically weak as well, in order to rule by proxy. However that weakness drove the King to use extreme methods to become a strong ruler. This created a chain of events that allowed the darkness to destroy the realm and left B'alam a pawn to an evil King far too powerful to depose. All the while seeing the kingdom he wanted to rule himself destroyed by the Darkness.
- The Starscream: Desires the Majin's power so that he will no longer have to serve his King. After being returned to human form he laments the fact his plans have failed. In true starscream fashion it turns out he deposed the former ruler to place a weaker (ie. more controllable) monarch in his place. He even married off his daughter to the prince to cement his plans. But when the King became corrupted by the darkness and unexpectedly became powerful, B'alam found himself in the position of servant.
- Shock and Awe: How he's defeated.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Super Senses: Excellent hearing. good thing considering the lack of eyes.
- Too Spicy for Yog Sothoth: He'll chew on Tepeu during the boss battle if he gets a chance, however he is very vocally not a fan of the taste and immediately spits him out. An amusing Hand Wave for why he just doesn't eat him and end the fight there and then.
- Treacherous Advisor: In life he was the Prime Minister and, at least officially, answered to the King. Though it seems in reality he was using the King to rule by proxy.
TlalocThe third dark general encountered. Tlaloc was once an admiral who lead the kingdoms navy.
- Blood Knight: Strongly implied he often reveled in combat when on the open sea.
- Feed It a Bomb
- Glory Seeker: His corrupted form was a twisted reflection of his days seeking glory out on the sea.
- Pride: Once defeated he admits this was his Fatal Flaw during his human life.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy
- The Magnificent: Refers to himself as "the invincible Tlaloc"
- Noble Demon: Feels the last encounter between Teotl and himself was not a worthy contest as it was all four dark generals against the Majin. He also clearly has a great deal of respect for him as a warrior.Tlaloc: "This time let us test our strengths in a proper duel."
- Sand Is Water
- Sea Monster: He muses his corrupted appearance may have been a reflection of the evil in his own soul.
- Worthy Opponent: Considers the Majin such.
IxtabThe fourth and final dark general. Ixtab was once the Queen of the kingdom before it's fall to corruption.
- Driven by Envy
- Evil Matriarch
- God Save Us from the Queen!
- Green-Eyed Monster: The Queen was jealous of her own daughter, Toci, who was apparently more popular at court and the kingdoms people.
- I Just Want to Be Beautiful: Though her definition of beauty is more than a little warped.
- It's All About Me: Quite self absorbed even after being returned to her human form she shows no concern for her daughter only herself.
- The Resenter: Had little else but her rather shallow role in life to the point her daughter being more beloved and noticably being in line to rule lead only to jealousy.
- Rich Bitch
- Trophy Wife: Saw herself as such. Her role was to look good and little else.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.