The monkey beastfolk that serves as the governor of the special administration zone of Ceiha. It is a town called "Deimos".
- Life Drinker: He drains the Life Energy out of many the citizens of Deimos to make himself more powerful. Because he uses Necrocraft to do it, he's quickening his own death.
- Maniac Monkeys: Necrocraft makes him a vicious monkey indeed. He didn't cackle and holler like he does before he learned it.
- Unusual Euphemism: "No has yanked my banana in ten years!"
- Who's Laughing Now?: He spent his life kowtowing to the mortal powers that be and hated it. Once he is granted necrocraft, he announces his plan to overthrow them and finally gain respect.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Necrocraft turns him to into a shriekingly insane person who thinks he has become a god.
A teenage boy and a member of the Brotherhood of Death. His area of responsibility is Ceiha, which he shares with one other death priest.
- Ascended to a Higher Plane of Existence: At the end of Transcending Limitations, he becomes a reaper and leaves Tariatla to fulfill his new duties to other planets in the world fruit.
- Celibate Hero: He was raised to be celibate all his life and claims to be above such "dust mind" concerns such as getting laid.
- Church Militant: Part of his job description involves battling hostile spirits and criminal necrocraft users.
- Death Seeker: While not actively trying to die, he is looking forward to his eventual death because he will Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence.
- Holier Than Thou: He considers everyone who is not a death priest like himself to be a "dust mind" and therefore preocuppied with things like food, sex and wordly success.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: Despite his Celibate Hero status, he is easily flustered by pretty girls. He blames his teenage body for this failure in self-disicpline.
- To Be Lawful or Good: He struggles with the tension between following the rules of Lord Death and granting the mercy of Lord Death because going too far in either direction can lead to problems with the circulation of souls. In Zettai's case, the lawful decision is to execute her for her many death violations but the good decision is to pardon her by killing himself instead. He ultimately chooses good.
A girl that Dragon's Lair team four encounters in Ceiha. After Eric saves her from her execution, she travels with the group and learns from him.
- The Atoner: As of Transcending Limitations, she is a necro-penitent working off violations she committed against the Book of Death.
- Child Prodigy: Zettai has an affinity for magecraft. In the course of a day-long walk she learned everything Eric knew on the subject, and he had been studying for months. Her age is vague but Eric guesses that she couldn't possibly be older than ten.
- Daddy's Girl: She has fully made the transition to this trope by the start of Transcending Limitations, adoring her adoptive father Basilard and wanting to make him proud of her.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Her parents were abusive, and after they died, she was homeless and vagrant. She traveled constantly to evade Ceiha's secret police because she was a courier in the magical black market. Then they eventually caught her and bad things happened to her behind bars. When Nolien shines an Illumination Orb over her at night, her automatic response is to shout, "I'm innocent! Please don't arrest me!"
- Genetic Memory: When Mr.15 injected his blood into her she gained all his knowledge about Bladicraft. Then she lost it when Basilard expelled Mr.15's blood from her. Then he makes her gain Bladicraft knowledge through study and practice.
- Happily Adopted: It's zigzagged with her. She's not at all happy with Basilard adopting her and says he's just as bad as her real dad, but that's because he insists that she's not his "daughter" but his "legal ward". In Mana Mutation Menace, he makes attempts to be a good dad and she wavers between accepting him as such and distancing herself for fear of him trying to manipulate her. By the end of the book, she's looking forward to a father-daughter-bonding vacation with him.
- Little Miss Badass: She evaded Ceiha's secret police for an extended period of time before they caught her.
- Precocious Crush: She's five-ten years old and she has a crush on Eric, who looks a decade older than her but is actually more like two decades older.
- Rescue Romance: Her Precocious Crush started when Eric rescued her from the gallows.
- Rags to Riches: After living on the streets of Ceiha, she's adopted by Basilard Bladi, the chief of the Bladi Clan. This means she now has servants making custom-fitted clothes for her.
- Street Urchin: Zettai lived on the streets of Ceiha after the death of her parents and survived by smuggling contraband magical tomes and items. She's eventually caught and sentenced to death by hanging. She's eventually adopted by Eric's mentor, Basilard.