Characters: John from Cincinnati
Characters from the short-lived HBO series John from Cincinnati .
Played by: Austin NicholsA mysterious person, seemingly mentally disabled, who often repeats what he has already heard or what people are thinking, and can manifest requested objects through his pockets.
- Ambiguous Disorder
- Ambiguously Human
- Healing Factor
- Man Child
- Meaningful Name: The name Monad refers to a philosophical concept relating to the oneness of all things
- Messianic Archetype
- Speaks in Shout-Outs
- Stream Of Consciousness: How he talks when performing astral projection
Played by: Bruce GreenwoodA former professional surfer whose career ended when he sustained a knee injury. He co-owns a surf shop with his wife, Cissy.
- Career-Ending Injury
- I Coulda Been a Contender
- Defrosting Ice King
- Henpecked Husband
- Good Old Ways: He believes that competitions and promotors have ruined surfing.
- Glory Days
- It's All About Me: His wife accuses him of acting like this frequently.
- Jaded Washout
- May-December Romance: Briefly with Cass.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Has some of the trappings of this .
- The Patriarch: He tries to be this, much to Cissy's annoyance.
- Supernatural-Proof Father: Subverted; he's the first person in the family to have strange things happen to him.
Played by: Rebecca DeMornayMitch's stubborn wife and co-owner of the surf shop. Mother of Butchie and grandmother of Shaun.
- Cigarette of Anxiety
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Knight Templar Parent
- No Sympathy