YMMV: John from Cincinnati
- Audience-Alienating Premise: Not a lot of people wanted to tune in to see the answer to the question "What if God tried to reach out to us by sending an autistic messenger to a bunch of drugged-out surfers?"
- Narm One example is when Butchie calls his ex-girlfriend on the cell phone and insults her, making her hang up in his face. A few minutes later, he calls her again only to repeat the same insult. He repeats the process a few times.
- The Scrappy: Cissy Yost is generally disliked due to being a one-note shrew who goes around screaming at people. More than a few critics took issue with Rebecca DeMornay's performance and pointed out that she seems to have had too much work done on her face to adequately convey emotion
- Tough Act to Follow: David Milch hit big with Deadwood, which achieved a lot of cultural saturation in spite of not being a ratings powerhouse. Neither of Milch's follow-up series, this show or Luck, made it to a second season.
- The Woobie: Barry Cunningham.