Characters: Grandmaster of Theft
The Ace of Diamonds
"While Iíve no objections with learning from the wisdom of others, at the end of the day, Iím the one who is in charge of my actions and Iím the one who has to live with everything I do so I define whatís right and wrong for me."The heiress to the Cain fortune and ringleader of The Grandmaster Gang.
- Affectionate Nickname: Cassidy is called "Cassie" by Rebecca.
- Alliterative Name
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Animal Motif: She is primarily associated with foxes, with her sharing many traits that are commonly attributed to foxes (such as cunning, theft, wisdom, feminine, disguise) while also showing an interest in them and physically noted to have fox-like eyes.
- The Anti-Nihilist: Cass makes her complete lack of faith in anything spiritual known from the start. She does anything she considers heroic partially for that reason though, feeling that if they can't turn to anyone else to do such things, they must take control of their own destinies and shape the world.
- The Apprentice: To her grandfather, Edan.
- Awesomeness by Analysis
- Bi the Way
- Classy Cat-Burglar: With emphasis on classy.
- Combat Pragmatist: Has no issues employing any trickery or unorthodox scheme to win a fight and values victory in combat over honor.
- Comes Great Responsibility: Her reason for being a thief and helping others is because she has the power to make a difference.
- Death Dealer: Use playing cards as shurikens.
- Genius Sweet Tooth: Favors sweet things, particularly chocolate.
- Good Is Not Soft: Cass is a cordial and compassionate with most people, though this doesn't change the fact that when she feels someone has crossed the line, she will do whatever she must to stop them without remorse. She elaborates in great detail as to how she can live this lifestyle and the principles behind it.
- The Leader: Primarily Type 1 as The Mastermind who brought everybody together and outlines everything.
- Nerves of Steel: She experiences pressure, fear, frustration, and so forth like anybody else. What she doesn't do is lose her wits, instead going directly to Xanatos Speed Chess.
- Non-Idle Rich
- Phantom Thief
- The Philosopher
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- The Social Expert
- Sugar and Ice Personality:
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: One of her rules is that she doesn't kill anybody since she feels everybody only lives once
- The ‹bermensch: She does't necessarily care about the conventions of society and only embraces whatever she sees merit in embracing, deciding actively for herself what's right and wrong. She also goes on to make clear that she doesn't believe in any gods and if they do exist, she still won't conform to their laws just because they said so and they have to convince her it's the right course of action.
- Waistcoat of Style: When she's The Grandmaster of Theft, her stealth suit combines this with In the Hood.
The Knave of Clubs
Cassidy's bodyguard and muscle of The Grandmaster Gang.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Bodyguarding a Badass
- Brilliant but Lazy: Usually laidback or resting, but he is incredibly competent at his work when he actually does it. Cassidy's requests are one of few things that draws out his true skill.
- The Big Guy: Is this as the crew's muscle.
- Cool Shades
- Corporate Samurai
- Deadpan Snarker
- Elegant Classical Musician: Is a trained pianist.
- Embarrassing First Name: How he views Augustus, leading to Last-Name Basis.
- Honest Advisor: Gives Cassidy honest observations no matter what the situation.
- The Nondescript
- The Quiet One: If he's uninterested in talking to somebody, he'll give them the cold shoulder. He prefers to stay out of the spotlight, instead acting as support to others.
- Servile Snarker
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
The King of Spades
Cassidy's grandfather, a retired white hat hacker and the crew's fixer.
- Chessmaster Sidekick: Of the infinite plus one tactician variety. He's the superior strategist and takes care of the crew's logistics while training Cassidy.
- Cool Old Guy
- The Cracker: Is this now due to his work with The Grandmaster Gang.
- The Fixer: Responsible for setting up everything that enables the heists and swindles.
- Old Master: Is this in relation to The Grandmaster Gang as a whole
- Playful Hacker: Before retiring, Edan was a white hat hacker and tiger crew leader.
- Self-Made Man
- The Smart Guy
The Queen of Hearts
A stage magician who is Cassidy's best friend & love interest that's recruited to serve as the crew's grifter.
- Affectionate Nickname: Called "Becca" by Cassidy.
- The Chick
- Con Woman: The crew's best con artist and best at interacting with others.
- Fangirl: To The Grandmaster of Theft.
- Genki Girl: One of the most excited, energetic, and expressive personalities in the story.
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Master of Disguise
- Stage Magician