Characters / Grandmaster of Theft
Cassidy Cain"While Iíve no objections with learning from the wisdom of others, at the end of the day, Iím the one who is in charge of my actions and Iím the one who has to live with everything I do so I define whatís right and wrong for me."
The heiress to the Cain fortune and ringleader of The Grandmaster Gang.
- Affectionate Nickname: Cassidy is called "Cassie" by Rebecca.
- Alliterative Name
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Animal Motif: Foxes
- The Anti-Nihilist: Cass makes her complete lack of faith in anything spiritual known from the start. She does anything she considers heroic partially for that reason though, feeling that if they can't turn to anyone else to do such things, they must take control of their own destinies and shape the world.
- The Apprentice: To her grandfather, Edan.
- Awesomeness by Analysis
- Badass Bookworm
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Bi the Way
- Classy Cat-Burglar: With emphasis on classy.
- Combat Pragmatist: Has no issues employing any trickery or unorthodox scheme to win a fight and values victory in combat over honor.
- Comes Great Responsibility: Her reason for being a thief and helping others is because she has the power to make a difference.
- Control Freak: As huge part of her Guile Hero persona; Cassidy wants to be in control in practically everything, something that translates not only in her schemes, but also her everyday habits. Things she has no graps on typically make her uncomfortable.
- Cultured Badass
- Death Dealer: Use playing cards as shurikens.
- Genius Sweet Tooth: Favors sweet things, particularly chocolate.
- Good Is Not Soft: Cass is a cordial and compassionate with most people, though this doesn't change the fact that when she feels someone has crossed the line, she will do whatever she must to stop them without remorse. She elaborates in great detail as to how she can live this lifestyle and the principles behind it.
- Guile Heroine: She relies on her strategy, connections, resources, and social engineering above all else.
- The Leader: Primarily Type 1 as The Mastermind who brought everybody together and outlines everything.
- Nerves of Steel: She experiences pressure, fear, frustration, and so forth like anybody else. What she doesn't do is lose her wits, instead going directly to Xanatos Speed Chess.
- Non-Idle Rich
- Phantom Thief
- The Philosopher
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- The Social Expert
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: One of her rules is that she doesn't kill anybody since she feels everybody only lives once
- The ‹bermensch: She does't necessarily care about the conventions of society and only embraces whatever she sees merit in embracing, deciding actively for herself what's right and wrong. She also goes on to make clear that she doesn't believe in any gods and if they do exist, she still won't conform to their laws just because they said so and they have to convince her it's the right course of action.
- Waistcoat of Style: When she's The Grandmaster of Theft, her stealth suit combines this with In the Hood.
Cassidy's bodyguard and muscle of The Grandmaster Gang.
Cassidy's grandfather, a retired white hat hacker and the crew's fixer.
A stage magician who is Cassidy's best friend & love interest that's recruited to serve as the crew's grifter.