Characters: Detective Conan Major Recurring Characters
open/close all folders
Conan and the Detective Boys' class teacher who later appoints herself as their "manager" when they're out solving cases.She later becomes Inspector Shiratori's girlfriend on account of him remembering that she was the girl he had helped in the past and not the physically similar Satou whom he had been chasing after originally.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Shiratori.
- Cool Teacher: After her first episode.
- Fangirl: Of Ranpo Edogawa
- Hot Teacher: More of a cute one, though.
- Identical Stranger: Without her glasses, Kobayashi looks a LOT like Detective Satou. Which troubles her when Shiratori shows interest in her, as she believes at first he only likes her because of her physical similarity to her. (Not to mention, the reason why Shiratori mistook Sato as the girl he liked was because of her looks.
- Official Couple: With Shiratori.
- Pet the Dog: Even when she was making herself pass as a Sadist Teacher, Kobayashi couldn't fully hide her kind nature, thus she watered the plants and fed the pet fishes in secret.
- Rescue Romance: With Shiratori, since she was the girl he rescued a long time ago.
- Sadist Teacher: Her Jerk Ass Facade. For the reason, see...
- Shrinking Violet: After some really bad experiences in her former workplace, Kobayashi was so terrified of doing badly in parent meetings that she used to practice in the empty school at night with dolls. The Detective Kids thought she was a witch, though. (And Conan thought she was planning to kill someone else!).
Dr. Tomoaki Araide
Dr. Tomoaki Araide
The handsome son of Kogoro's doctor, with the bad luck of being introduced in the case where his dad was murdered.
After that, he's been seen around more than once, acting nice to almost everyone and being a possible Romantic Runner-Up
.Later on, it's discovered that the Black Organization member, Vermouth, had been using his image as a cover during her manhunt for Ai Haibara.
- Gambit Pileup: In the middle of two of these. See the main page for more details.
- Hospital Hottie
- Kind Heartedcat Lover
- Nice Guy: Even veering into a male Ingenue of sorts, since he's way too gullible sometimes.
- Romantic False Lead: Was presented as one, thought he's much nicer than the standard. And Ran was more interested in his sweater.
- Romantic Runner-Up: Sorry, dude. You're nice and all, we all know it... but you're just not Shinichi. He doesn't win even in the Stranger from Ten Years Later OAV, no matter if it's canon or not.
- Stoic Spectacles
- Sympathy for the Devil: When he returns to his normal life after Vermouth tried to kill him and took over his identity for a while, most people don't notice a difference and comment on what a good person he is. This causes him to wonder whether his impostor is really evil.
- The Average-looking Doctor's Hot Son: His dad wasn't a Gonk, but it's clear that the younger Araide didn't inherit his looks.
Jodie Saintemillion alias of Jodie Starling
Ran and Sonoko's English teacher.She was believed to be the Black Organization's Vermouth, but is actually an FBI agent looking into its whereabouts; unaware that the real Vermouth has been using her image as a disguise to hunt for Ai Haibara.After her FBI status is revealed, she resigns from her teaching job and is seen taking part in cases; most of which involve the Black Organization.Mandatory Naming Note
: Jodie Foster as Clarice Starling
Rena Mizunashi aka Hidemi Hondou aka Kir.
A popular TV reporter.She is actually Kir of the Black Organization, but is then revealed to be Hidemi Hondou, a CIA spy having infiltrated the organization.Mandatory Naming Note
: See Meaningful Name
- Big Sister Instinct and Cool Big Sis: To Eisuke, especially seen in their flashback.
- Broken Bird
- Intrepid Reporter: Actually, an Action Girl and The Mole.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: with her young brother, Eisuke. Rena is Action Girl, The Mole, a CIA agent who infiltrate Black Organization. Eisuke is cute clumsy Dude Looks Like a Lady.
- Meaningful Name: 007how? .
- The Mole
- Self-Made Orphan: Very tragic case, since it was less about hate and more about having to...
- Shoot Your Mate: She shot her father to hide the fact that they were CIA moles infiltrating the Dark Organization.
- And again, she has to do this to Akai. Per orders of That Man himself. Somehow, however, he survives.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Eisuke and Hidemi look a LOT like each other, and said similar looks top off Conan about their familiar bond. She also looks a LOT like her mother◊ with the exception of their hair color.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She acts cold and efficient when with the Organization, but her kind nature often shines through. Hence why Gin and That Man don't always trust her.
- In the manga, she looks far less malicious than she was in the anime, though. Thus most readers don't have difficult times to guess that she's in the good side all along.
A New Transfer Student
to Sonoko and Ran's class who has a somewhat weak health and comes off to be extremely clumsy. He came to Japan to find his sister's whereabouts, that sister being Hidemi Hondou of the CIA, aka, Kir of the Black Organization.
He returned home shortly after the discovery, but not before telling Conan that he knew of his true identity, and that he had developed feelings for Ran.Mandatory naming note
: "Hondou" comes from Bondo (ボンド), the Japanese pronounciation of (James) Bond
, Eisuke from mystery writer Eisuke Kaito.
- Big Sister Worship: To Hidemi. As seen in their flashback, Hidemi has saved Eisuke's life several times, includes giving a large portion of blood donation to him, which later becomes one of plot points that Rena Mizunashi is really Eisuke's sister, Hidemi.
- Butt Monkey
- Cute Clumsy Girl: A Rare Male Example
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: And how— go back above and check Kobayashi-sensei's picture, and he looks 80% like her.
- Ill Boy: He had leukemia when he was a child, and he got better due to his older sister Hidemi's bone marrow donation. This is a plot point as his blood type changed because of it: he used to be a O, but now he and Hidemi/Rena are AB.
- All story arcs related to him happened in hospitals. Even when he's not the one admitted.
- Kansai Regional Accent: He was born and raised in Osaka
- Love Triangle: Invoked and subverted. In front of Conan, Eisuke claims to have fallen in love with Ran and that he wants to take her to America with him. When Conan/Shinichi reacts strongly, he takes it as the hint he needed to guess his secret identity, and then both promises to be one of his Secret Keepers and asks him to protect her in his stead.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: with his older sister Hidemi. Hidemi / Rena is Action Girl, The Mole, a CIA agent who infiltrate Black Organization. Eisuke is cute clumsy Dude Looks Like a Lady.
- Meganekko: Rare Male Example; he has such a high moe quotient and girlish looks that he could easily pass as a female example.
- New Transfer Student
- Nice Guy
- Secret Keeper: One of the few people who actually guessed Conan's secret identity correctly, and by himself. This probably put his intelligence on par with Heiji!
- Strong Family Resemblance: With his older sister, Hidemi Hondou aka Rena Mizunashi aka Kir. Unknowingly lampshaded by Ran, who notices it.
A grad-school student that currently lives in the now vacant, Kudo mansion and takes care of it after his apartment burns down.He is, in fact, confirmed to be Shuuichi Akai, having faked his death.
A rather peculiar New Transfer Student
to Ran and Sonoko's class. Like Shinichi and Heiji, she is a high-school detective. She moved from the United States to Japan to find out what happened to her brother, Shuuichi Akai, after getting word of his supposed death.
- Action Girl: Jeet Kune Do practitioner
- A-Cup Angst: "They're due to pop out every day now!", and mentioning that her mother seems to have quite large breasts so hers will become this too
- Amateur Sleuth
- Bi the Way: Maybe, she did tease Ran and Sonoko by saying Ran's just her type.
- Dead Little Sister: Her older brother, Shuuichi Akai.
- The Mole?: Sera's done more suspicious things in two stories than Subaru's done in two years: She's unusually interested in finding a connection between Conan and Shinichi, she made an enhanced photo of Ai from a tiny reflection in a You Tube video that was used in a kidnapping attempt (they got Ayumi instead) and took particular glee in deleting it, and she recently caught the eye of Conan's FBI friends.
- As of now, she isn't. She is Akai's sister but doesn't seem to be involved with the Black Organization, and it looks like she came to Japan to find out what the Hell happened to her brother.
- Nice Hats
- Panty Shot: While bringing down someone◊.
- Running Gag: About the above, people being unsure if she's a girl or a boy.
- Samus Is a Girl: On Ran, Conan and Sonoko
- She's Got Legs: see Panty Shot
- Shotacon: Sonoko thinks that this is why she's so fond of Conan.
- Strong Family Resemblance: As of Chapter 822, she's been revealed to be Shuuichi Akai's younger sister. Lampshaded by the fact that Conan mentions that she looks like someone he knows when they first met.
- Tomboy: When she said she was going to dress more girlishly for an Iron Chef-style show's taping she meant she'd be wearing girly panties.
A Private Detective
who first appeared posing as a waiter while helping a client with a case. He currently works at Café Poirot, and has become Kogoro's apprentice.He is, in fact, Bourbon of the Black Organization, and is shown to be one of the few operatives Vermouth is willing to work with.
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- The Danza: To Toru Furuya with a Shout-Out to Amuro.
- Homage: to Amuro. complete with white RX-7 which is Shout-Out to RX-78-2. And with the same seiyuu, to boot.
- The Reveal: When he announces his Bourbon codename in front of a normally sized Shiho Miyano (Kaito Kid in disguise) during the Mystery Train arc.
- Sherlock Scan: Here
- Master of Disguise: As Scar Akai. Apparently he had some help from Vermouth for that.
- The Mole: He is Bourbon. And the fake Akai that was around for a while.
- Mysterious Past: Previously attended the police academy and was a friend of Takagi's deceased superior, Wataru Date. Becomes even more mysterious after one wonders how someone from the police academy became a member of the Black Organization, or if he was already a member of the Organization before applying to the academy.
- Wham Line : During the Mystery Train arc. "Bourbon... that's my codename!"