Characters: Big Brother AU 2012
Housemates for the 2012 (or 9th) season of Big Brother Australia.
AngieAngela Murray is a 21 year old sales representative from the Gold Coast. Angie shares a loft with three men, and is often referred to as "Mangie" for her tomboy-ish-behavior. She was the third Housemate to enter on Launch Night. Got evicted on day 70.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Weightlifter.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: She has been rather prone to this, falling asleep holding hands with Estelle, and openly exchanging "I love you"s with Layla after they had to take a challenge together in the middle of the night.
- It has slowly fallen apart with both Estelle and Layla causing more tension.
AvaAva Mishy David is the house's first intruder who entered on Day 29. She is 29 years old and is from Victoria. She had a bit of a relationship with Josh for most of her time in the house. She was evicted on Day 51.Follow on Twitter here.
Benjamin (WINNER)Benjamin Norris is a 32 year old accounts manager from Victoria. He was the fourteenth housemate to enter the house in the early hours of Day 3. He is openly gay, and stated that he has a boyfriend (who's also named Ben) after entering the house.He was the winner of the season, winning $250,000 (AU) dollars and a brand new Holden Barina. Upon winning, he proposed to his boyfriend Ben live on the show and he said yes.Secret: Benjamin has been fired from every job he has ever had.
- Camp Gay: He's quite flamboyant but not too much.
- Those Two Guys: Becomes this with Stacey due to their similar personalities.
BradleyBradley Darke is a 19 year old from Coraki, New South Wales. He works in his parents's supermarket (with his room adjacent to the store), and admits to collecting superhero T-Shirts and never having a girlfriend. He has a stutter. He was one of three men to enter the House on Launch Night, and the tenth Housemate to enter in total. Was evicted on day 56.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Bradley suffers from Ornithophobia as the result of an emu attack.
- Elimination Houdini: Has survived elimination several times, largely due to a fandom who love him and his nerdyness.
- Verbal Tic: Has a stutter but manages to control it most of the time.
CharneCharne Louise works on stage at Dracula's dinner theater. She is from the Gold Coast. Charne goes by the nicknames "Char" and "VaVa", and was once the winner of Ms. Pin-Up Australia. She was the seventh Housemate to enter on Launch Night. She was nominated for eviction on Day 8, receiving the most nomination points from her fellow Housemates.She was later evicted on Day 14.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Has OCD.
- Dramatic Irony: Got evicted thanks to her OCD. Pretty much revealing her secret.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Evicted on the first week.
EstelleEstelle Landy is a 24 year old law student from Victoria. She enjoys skateboarding, and dislikes anyone who is cruel to animals, racist, or homophobic. She was the eighth Housemate to enter on Launch Night. She was the evicted placing third and was awarded $5,000 (AU) dollars from KFC.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Estelle is a high school drop-out.
- Elimination Houdini: Has faced eviction over four times and counting and has managed to survive.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Had one with Angie for some time before their friendship fell apart. Since then she's had this with Ava (until she left).
GeorgeGeorge Baramily is a 25 year old mining electrician from Western Australia. He was the eleventh Housemate to enter, going into the house on Day 2. He was the fifth to be evicted and left the house on day 42.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: George is a multimillionaire.
- Dramatic Irony: When he got the nomination superpower, he made a misjudgement that landed him in the red zone and resulted in his eviction. Really reminded the housemates that the superpower can be deadly on yourself.
JoshJosh Moore is a 28 year old musician from South Australia. Josh works on Nova FM, and hates people who "don't help out in the kitchen". He was the sixth Housemate to enter on Launch Night.He left on day 59 for personal reasons. His brother unexpectedly died and after meeting with his parents he decided to leave the house and support his family. He made his goodbyes with the housemates in person and the show changed for the week, stopping live updates for the day, cancelling the Red vs Blue challenge and replacing the eviction on sunday with a dedication episode to him. The money received from the voting lines was donated to The Salavation Army which Josh and his family supported.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Josh has dated over 100 women.
- Chick Magnet / The Casanova: He's dated over 100 women, he's been sleeping with Angie and seems to be serious with Ava since her inroduction (Note: she met him first before officially entering the house.)
- Surfer Dude: He's pretty cool and surfs but he's still smart.
- Those Two Guys: With Michael.
LaylaLayla Subritzky is a 24 year old from Brisbane, but originally comes from Manchester, England. She said in her introduction video that she gets her nails done daily. She was the fifth Housemate to enter on Launch Night. On Day 8, she was nominated for eviction alongside Charne and Estelle, she received the most votes and survived. She was evicted placing second and won $10,000 (AU) dollars and also received the keys to a Holden Volt she previously won in a weekly challenge.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Related to royalty. (descended from John III Sobieski, a former monarch of Poland)
- Pimped-Out Dress: Had to wear a big (Gypsy) wedding dress for a whole night for a weekly challenge.
MichaelMichael Beveridge is a 26 year old advertising copywriter from Brisbane. He has stated that he broke up with his girlfriend of seven years to come on the show. He was the first Housemate to enter on Launch Night. He was evicted on day 85.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Michael has an IQ of a genius (specifically 136).
- The Smart Guy: Once his I.Q. is revealed the housemates often use him for the smarter tasks.
- Smarter Than You Look: Once you first see him and see how he acts, you wouldn't think he had the I.Q. of 136.
- Those Two Guys: With Josh.
RayRay Baxter is a 25 year old veterinarian from Brisbane. He was the thirteenth housemate to enter, going into the house around 10:45pm on Day 2. Upon entering the house, Ray was immediately punished for repeatedly calling Big Brother 'mate'. As such, he was forced to don a schoolboy outfit and write "I must not call Big Brother naughty names" fifty times upon a chalkboard provided in the naughty corner. He was evicted on day 35. He had a temporary return as part of the "Unwanted Guests" challenge.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Ray was a juvenile offender.
- Reformed Criminal: As seen above his secret was that he was a juvenile offender who got his life back together and became a vet.
RyanRyan Buckingham is a 22 year old male model from Victoria. He was the twelfth Housemate to enter, going into the house on Day 2. He was evicted on day 21.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Ryan has not had a girlfriend since he was 11.
- Brainless Beauty: Averted, he's actually quite smart and has studied law. Two weeks after his eviction, he received his commerce degree.
- Mr. Fanservice: He is a model after all.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Inevitable really.
SamSam Wallace lives in Queensland's Gold Coast, though grew up in Tamworth, NSW. Sam was the second intruder for the 2012 series, entering the house on September 18th. He was evicted on day 84.Follow on Twitter here.
- Mr. Fanservice: There's a very good reason why Bradley had to tell him about all the female housemates and then the next day having him go on a date with all of them.
SarahSarah Wentworth-Perry is a 30 year old salesperson in car dealership from Wagga Wagga, New South Wales. She is the only Housemate that entered on Launch Night to state that she has a significant other outside of the Big Brother House. She was the second person to enter on Launch Night. A vegetarian, Sarah was protesting against the use of fur for fashion. She was evicted on day 28.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Was a nude protester.
- Running Gag: A common joke with her was her constantly mentioning that she's 30 years old.
StaceyStacey Wren is a 24 year old accounts manager in advertising from Sydney, New South Wales. She was the ninth Housemate to enter on Launch Night. She was evicted on day 77.Follow on Twitter here.Secret: Stacey is a hand model.
- Genki Girl: She's very fun and energetic.
- Those Two Guys: Becomes this with Ben due to their similar personalities.