Characters that appeared in Adventures from the Book of Virtues. Currently under construction.
- Voiced by: Pamela Adlon (1996-1998), Andrew Francis (1998-2000)
- Berserk Button: Don't sneak into his green school backpack. And please don't take his lunch.
- 'Voiced by: Kath Soucie (1996-1998), Adrienne Carter (2000)
- Butt-Monkey: In more comical moments.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Sometimes.
- Pink Means Feminine: The shirt she always wears.
- True Companions: With Zach, Plato, Soc, Ari and Aurora.
- Catch-Phrase: "Listen to the buffalo."
- Expy: Does he look like the Beast from Disney's Beauty and the Beast to you?note
- Gentle Giant: He's a buffalo, but he's always soft-spoken and peaceful.
- Papa Wolf: Mild example but he was very distressed by Annie nearly going off the cliff in "Responsibility".
- The Philosopher: Hence his name.
- Voiced by: Frank Welker (1996-1998), Michael Donovan (2000), Joe Murray (redubbed version)
- Berserk Button: Don't just abruptly wake him from his sleep, especially when you quickly ride a bike past him. Also, don't mess with hide-and-seek and grab his nose.
- Cats Are Mean: He's not as mean as he is lazy and mischievous, though.
- A Day in the Limelight: The first episode is the only episode to focus on one of the animals instead of the kids.
- Fantastic Racism: Towards prairie dogs.
- Heavy Sleeper: Sometimes.
- Non-Standard Character Design: He looks (almost) more cartoony than the other characters, somehow.
- Papa Wolf/Big Brother Instinct: Despite Annie triggering one of his Berserk Buttons in "Responsibility", he immediately rescued her when she nearly went over the cliff.
- Tough Room: Sometimes falls into this.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: His blue backpack and glasses.
- Bag of Holding: He has a big red bag of books that he carries around with him.
- Fantastic Racism: Towards bobcats.
- In-Series Nickname: "Ari".
- Voiced by: Kath Soucie (1996-1998), Gillian Barber (2000)
- Mama Bear/Big Sister Instinct: Was very distressed when Annie hit that rock in "Responsibility" and has a very maternal reaction to the poor way Zach and Annie are treating Jake at the beginning of "Respect".
- Polly Wants a Microphone: She's a talking bird, although not a parrot.
- Promotion to Parent: Adopted a nest of orphan eggs at one point.
- Seldom-Seen Species: She's a red-tailed hawk.