Blog: Make It Count
Make It Count is a blog by Celeste McLachlan (or 'Celie' if you're nice) chronicling the life of a Journalist....Well, it would have been had Celie's best friend, Rose not been stalked by Slenderman. Oh! And there's even a Gentleman (or lady) Stalker who calls himself Practical Cat. Fun.And so follows one of the most well-written Slenderblogs, along with Character Development that even draws Zeke Strahm into commenting.
Make It Count provides examples of:
- Being Watched: Celeste's best friend, Rose was being stalked for at least two weeks by Slenderman.
- Don't Go in the Woods: Unfortunately for Celie, this becomes a requirement when she joins the search party for the Missing People. Factor in that she lives next to the local woods...
- Genre Savvy: Celeste, after Rose's disappearance goes and reads ever blog she can get her hands on.
- Gorn: Try reading he description of the bodies in the woods after eating. I dare you.
- Intrepid Reporter: Celeste, of course.
- Police Are Useless: Subverted. While the police don't know Celeste's whole story, they do provide support and she even befriends a detective.
- Shout-Out: Considering Celeste is currently planning on going to Miskatonic University, I'd say Lovecraft would be one.
- Also, Dav Flamerock, a user involved in the Just Another Fool ARG as a graduate student in Miskatonic University who is studying the Slender Man myths, gets name dropped during Celie's rant at the "Cowboy Creeper."
- Suspiciously Apropos Music: Invoked when Celie is driving after Rose's disappearance. She now drives without music.
- Wicked Stepmother: Angel doesn't exactly live up to her name...