open/close all folders
HEY YOU, AMERICA! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!
Voiced by: Hiroki Takahashi (JP), Bob Carter (EN)
- Animal-Eared Headband: He wears Bunny Ears in Hetaween 2011 while insisting they look cute on him.
- Batter Up: He loves sports (specially baseball) and when he holds a bat he becomes more Hot-Blooded than usual.
- Big Beautiful Man: Has some rather dedicated fangirls who love him because he's big and chubby.
- Big Fun: In the Hetalia Bloodbath 2010, via his hilarious and very weird interactions with Canada.
- The Big Guy: Big, strong, tough and friendly.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Not as big as England's, but they're thicker than most of the other nations'. This is curious in that he's the only nation with them so far who hasn't been an English colony.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Loud, hot-blooded and a fun guy to be with.
- Carpet of Virility: A Type 2 Boisterous Bruiser.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: In the Hetalia Bloodbath 2010 to a ridiculous degree: Tostones? Teleportation? Dynamic yoga? Really?
- Genre Savvy: Surprisingly so in the 2010 Christmas Event, at least when it came down to Never Split The Party... not so much with other suggestions of his.
- Hair Decorations: A hair band.
- Hot-Blooded: Especially if (he thinks) you're America.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Speaks with a Kawachi accent, a rougher variation of the Osaka accent.
- Curiously enough, Cuban Spanish in Real Life is the Spanish-language version of this stereotype.
- Keet: Not the traditional Keet, but he is incredibly energetic and friendly, even in the Hetaween 2011 event, greeting and hugging Switzerland.
- Large Ham: 90% of his dialogue is done by yelling.
- Nice Guy: Other than his Sitcom Archnemesis with America, he's actually a pretty sweet guy; he's good friends with Canada, he approaches Switzerland and Liechtenstein during the Hetaween 2011 event, and takes care of Seychelles when she nearly passes out from the cold during the 2011 Bloodbath.
- No Indoor Voice: Very little of his dialog isn't in all caps.
- The One Guy: In the 2011 Bloodbath, since Seychelles took him with her to the girls's reunion.
- Perma Stubble: Oddly absent during the Hetaween event.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Wears a pink flowered shirt, loves sweets, and goes to the Halloween party with a rabbit-eared headband, calling himself cute. And yet he's one of the manliest characters in the series.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: He is the manly man to the more soft-spoken sensitive Canada.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: To America. Too bad he can't tell him from Canada, much to Cuba's embarrassment when he finds out the truth.
- Smoking Is Cool: Always shows up with a cigar in his mouth. Obviously, a reference to the famous Cuban cigars.
- Sweet Tooth: He loves his ice cream.