- The march of the Diplodocus in the opening of "Time of the Titans" in the original Walking with Dinosaurs.
- The opening to Cruel Sea is probably the most memorable moment of the entire series, when Branagh narrates "The predator is laying in wait for its prey, waiting to strike," with a Eustreptospondylus peering into the ocean expectantly - when suddenly a giant Liopleurodon leaps out of the water, snatching the large theropod off the land for a tasty meal. The episode title card, "Cruel Sea", punctuates the moment.
- From the special Sea Monsters Nigel Marven tagging the giant shark Megalodon.
- And later at the end of the episode the Mosasaur pod suddenly targets the ship...fridge horror ensues
- The mother Dimetrodon defending her nest from the rival female in Walking with Monsters.
- Another example from the same program: the tiny predator Euparkeria becoming a gigantic Allosaurus and frightening the croc-like chasmatosaur which chased it just before (like saying: "Yeah, sucka! Who's an apex predator NOW?!")
- The ending of the WWD episode New Blood, when a herd of Plateosaurus march in, scaring off the Coelophysis.
- Especially the music. And even more especially the Narration. "This is the shape of things to come"
- The Diplodocus hunt in "The Ballad of Big Al", and the music really helps.
- In a lot of media, ground sloths are portrayed as slow-moving animals that easily fall prey to predators. Not this one.
- The fatal wound the sloth gives a sabre-toothed cat almost resembles a Dope Slap.
- That awesome scene towards the end of the episode "Next of Kin", where our ancestors sent the Dinofelis running with its tail between its legs… by throwing rocks at it. No test of strength or speed; they used their brains and refused to back down.
- The music. Just... the music, for all of them.
- It ended badly, but you can't deny that the old male Ornithocheirus' journey in "Giant of the Skies" was pretty awesome; he's 40-years-old (which is bound to be ancient in pterosaur years), and yet he flew halfway across the world just because his sex drive was too much for him to ignore. And he beat death multiple times while doing it, given that he could have ended up getting eaten by a sea monster or mauled by raptors. Instead, he dies because the journey tired him out. Which, in a weird sort of way, makes it a Dying Moment of Awesome too.
- The juvenile indricothere. The narrator states that the calf after being driven away by its mother and hasn't been seen in months. You begin to detect a Downer Ending, but then the indricothere returns, and when two entelodonts (aka Pigs from Hell) appear, the teen beast just effortlessly chases them off, and bellows as if to say, "Don't even think of messing me, mofos."
- Then he runs down the cameraman!
- From the episode Sabretooth, Half Tooth make his glorious entry by rescuing his cub and chasing off a pair of Terror birds.
- The hunting scene of the Smilodon clan clearly shows that they are one the most deadly predator on the planet
- Half Tooth vs the Evil Brotherhood round 2!! Half tooth manage to kicks the intruder's butt once and for all.
- The Megatherium shows why despite his lumbering appearance, it is still one of the most feared creature in the plain
- The young male Homo habilis in Walking with Cavemen gets two: learning how to make tools from stones & rallying the troop together to scare a lion away from a carcass.
- Patchi saving Scowler (the dinosaur who picked on him everyday, kicked him out of the herd, and refused to call him his brother) from the Gorgosaurus. In fact, he and the herd work together to drive the predators back, and he even breaks Gorgon's arm with the hole in his frill and knock some teeth out. And the line he says shows how far he's come.
Patchi: That was for my brother, that was for my dad, and THIS (headbutts Gorgon, knocking out some of his teeth in the process) that's so how you'll remember me!
- Don't forget the fight between Patchi and Scowler. Of course Patchi lost, but it's still amazing how he refuses to back down from his bullying brother — and the cinematography in this scene is nothing short of gorgeous.
- Alex gets one when he snaps Patchi out of his Heroic B.S.O.D. by telling him that he should live or die for something worth living for.
Alex: Patchi, listen to me. Do not die in vain. If you want to die, die for something your father did. He died for you.
- Patchi leading the herd safely around the frozen lake.
- Gorgon snatching the azhdarchid pterosaur out of the air.