- In V for Vendetta, after V's done temporarily shrugging off several bullets:
V: Did you think to kill me? There's no flesh or blood within this cloak to kill. There's only an idea. Ideas are bullet-proof.
- Shortly after which, Inspector Finch gets his own CMOA: "I killed you, you bastard...I KILLED YOU!"
- Everyone believes V's dead, and the government's challenged him to prove them wrong. The way Evey, having become V does is epic.
V: They say anarchy's dead, but see, reports of my death were... exaggerated.
- V, meeting the bishop:
- V's last stand, especially the part that begins with the following line:
Creedy: We've swept this whole place. You've got nothing. Nothing but your bloody knives and your fancy karate gimmicks. We have guns.V: No. What you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.Creedy: That's impossible. Kill him!Lots of gunfire ensues. V remains standing.
- You forgot the best part: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh...Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy...and ideas. Are. Bulletproof."
- This troper agrees with that as far as it goes, but was literally physically shaken by the march of the Vs on Parliament.
- Especially the part where the confused armed soldiers lower their guns rather than firing into the unarmed crowd, letting the marchers pass. This editor didn't even particularly like the film, but still finds that part incredibly awesome.
- Also, the dominoes scene in which all the tension builds towards the end, and the government slowly loses control of
the citythe country. Ah, hell, the whole movie, too.
- This troper knew the film was going to be made of win from the beginning of the scene at the tv studio.
- Um? The ending? PARLIAMENT BLOWING UP to the 1812 OVERTURE?!?!?!?
- How about the Vs all taking off their masks, and they're all people who've died. Yeah, it's SYMBOLISMOMFGBRILLIANT!!!1, but it's awesome SYMBOLISMOMFGBRILLIANT!!!1.
- V's first scene in which he effortlessly disarms and beats up three armed rapists, embarks on a tongue twisting intro, and carves his initial into a wall.
- V's speech to London, followed by his escape by making everyone wear a mask.
- The single line "While the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation words will always retain their power" especially epic because its obvious that Gordon has taken the words as a motivator for his later awesomeness
- The explanation of Sutler's ascension to power.
- The smug and sadistic Louis Prothero bragging about how he'd have taken V down if he'd had the chance. Then when V appears seconds later about to seek revenge, Prothero is just about pissing himself with terror.
- Gordon gets one with his sketch lampooning Sutler. Awesomeness is to be expected when Stephen Fry is present.
- V escaping from prison with self made explosives from fertilizer. MacGyver himself could not have topped that one.
- Fertilizer is one of the most common ingredients of improvised explosive. Still awesome though.
- The entire film is one huge CMOA for V, as you watch his plans play out and culminate in the completion of what Guy Fawkes had failed to complete 400 or so years previously.