Awesome / The Wedding Singer
- Billy Idol's Crowning Cameo Of Awesome. One particular moment is when he slams the service cart into Glenn.
Billy Idol (with a smug grin): How're you doing, sir? Chicken or fish?
Glenn: Get out of my way, Billy, or you're gonna get hurt!
Billy: Oh yeah?
(a giant biker, wearing a Billy Idol shirt no less, stands between them)
Biker: DON'T YOU TALK TO BILLY IDOL THAT WAY!
(Billy gleefully sticks his tongue out and gives Glenn a jerking off motion as the latter gets shoved into the bathroom by a flight attendant he tried to seduce earlier)
- And the best part? Even with a whopping thirteen years of rock'n'roll lifestyle between 1985 and 1998, Billy still looked enough like his 1985 self to pull it off convincingly.
- This line is as awesome a line as you can get out of a bitter ramble:
Robbie: I have the microphone. And you don't. So you will listen to every damn word I have to say!!
- Doubles as a Tear Jerker, but "Somebody Kill Me Please" qualifies.
- What Robbie's nephew says to Linda:
Petey: Hey, Linda!
(Linda smiles and waves)
Petey: You a bitch!
Robbie: Thanks, Petey. Go back in the house.
Robbie: He, he, he might have Torrettes's Syndrome. We're looking into it.
- Then, what Robbie says to Linda later in the film:
Linda: I can learn to deal with the fact that you're just a wedding singer, not a rock star. I could even learn to deal with...
Robbie: You can "learn to deal" with that? I don't want you to learn to deal with that. That's not how it works. Jeez!
Linda: Well, Robbie, maybe we should talk about this when you're feeling better?
Robbie: Hey, psycho. I'm not gonna feel better about this. It's over. So please get outta my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.
(cue Gilligan Cut to her outside and Robbie slamming the door in her face
- Julia's not taking shit from a singer who mocked Robbie.
Robbie: Thank you.
Jimmie Moore: No, thank you!
Robbie: For what?
Jimmie Moore: For quitting. [nudges him] Thanks to you my business has tripled... or, should I thank Linda?
Julia: Well, you've just inspired me to hire a DJ. So thank you.
Jimmie Moore: Oh. Well, good luck trying to find a DJ who can move and shake like [wriggles back and forth like a snake slithering] THIS!