Awesome: The Adventures of Dr. McNinja
The Adventures of Dr. McNinja is another "continually tops itself" series.
- Knocking out a giant lumberjack in one punch.
- Using a soda machine as a makeshift smoke bomb.
- Doc's return from death's door in the second part of DARE.
- How about this? (This is three pages just linked like this for your convenience.)
- This comic and the next six that follow it.
- "Yeah. Bite me. Bite my arm. I just ripped your jaw muscles from your skull. Bite me. I severed your spinal cord too. Bite me. Uh huh. Yeah."
- Suck it Frodo!
- Even the Fox News Weatherman has his own moment.
- Punching Dracula in the face.
- "I talked to Bruce."
- Surfing on a robot clone of Dracula back into the Earth's atmosphere.
- A robot death bear being killed by Gordito with a thunderstorm.
- Dan McNinja escaping capture by lighting himself on fire.
- "We are on eastern pain time, and it is Dan o'clock."
- Remember that thing about Dan lighting himself on fire? Yeah. Laughing.
- The end of the McNinja Family versus the pirates:
(After Mitzi McNinja has just blown up a pirate ship)
Dr. McNinja: Hey, nice one, Mom, my sword was still on board.
Sean "Dark Smoke Puncher" McNinja: And probably mad pirate loot, too!
(Dr. McNinja's sword falls back into his hand, while his kid brother Dark Smoke Puncher gets walloped by a falling pirate treasure chest)
Mitzi McNinja: What is your mother's expertise?
Dr. McNinja: Pickled beets.
Dr. McNinja: Precisely aimed demolitions.
- A mobster with a swordfish through his chest threatens the good Doctor with a gun if he doesn't treat his...."condition." The Doc's response? Casually disarm him without even being SEEN.
- Anything that Martin Monster does after this part, which doubles as somewhat heartwarming.
- Agent Bearclaw's status as an Ascended Extra is solidified with his re-entrance to the series: Taking down Judy and Yoshi single-handedly (literally in Yoshi's case), even if his role seems to be quite short.
- The dolphins get one when they save Bearclaw and carry him to an island, and then shoot him.
- The titular doctor casually punching out a birdosaur as he walks along. Not one minute after flying a jet through a hurricane, a barrage of anti-air missiles, and birdosaur attacks.
- "Hello? Ninja?"
- This page is what happens when someone tells the doctor "All Perish Here".
- The real Knife Eye Attack.
- His eulogy for the Benjamin Franklin clone. What's best is that the comic built up naturally to this point: "Benjamin Franklin II was killed by the very thing he was trying to stop . . . death. He was a, um, clone. And he was not as famous as his first version . . . But he was still a great man. Our city was lucky to host him in his final days so . . . so suck on that Philadelphia."
- Epic motorcycle skills. "What"
- It says something about this comic when Doctor McNinja smacking a guy in the head with a motorcycle is treated as so commonplace it only gets one panel. And no one bothers mentioning the child-bandito riding a velociraptor fighing Mafiosos on the back of a speeding train.
- "Man... is only separated from Heaven by that which he will not ramp."
- King Radical delivers his own version via backflipping off his bike and sending it flying at the face of Blizzardbeard the Frost Wizard (really Dark Smoke Puncher).
- Dan McNinja can eat poisoned foods at will. He sucks the poison out and stores it in his eyes. So he can shoot it later like a TOAD.
- Peg faces for everyone!
- Here's a Top 10 made by the author.
- Dark Smoke Puncher exploding an air pirate's head with logic.
- Mongo the uber-ninja throws a grappling hook onto a passing jumbo jet, and uses that to swing into the cab of an 18-wheeler and throw out the driver.
- Taking out a NASA Ghost while building up the nerve by humming the theme to Ghostbusters.
- YO HO, MOTHER-HE SAID A BAD WORD!
- "Aren't you lucky you live in the only town in the world prepared for a zombie invasion."
Gordito: That's awesome! Seriously? There's, like, a zombie defense system?
Dr. McNinja: (while pulling out a pair of shotguns) Yeah. It's us.
- Another gem from that story:
Gordito: Oh noooo! We left Yoshi behind! Are dinosaurs immune to zombies?Dr. McNinja: Uhmm... YES.(Cue shot of Yoshi scaring several zombies shitless)
- Another gem from that story:
- Bah. Franz may be Dangerously Genre Savvy, but Doc? Genre Savvier.
- Judy (the gorilla) chasing off an Uber-ninja by wielding a rocket launcher? The greatest mathematical equation ever.
- A meta-CMOA. Every few years the Boy Scouts of America have a campout called the National Jamboree. Each council will form a makeshift troop, and everybody gets custom council patches to trade with each other and represent themselves. What does the Potomac Council, home of Cumberland, Maryland use for theirs? Why nothing less than The Good Doctor and his merry staff◊. These will probably run at a premium come jamboree, and be worth an arm and a leg afterwards.
- From Gordito: "Don't."
- Doc wasn't understating when he called Gordito the Effing Bad Ass Kid:
Gordito: You left me on the ship. I took out every single member of the crew individually until I was the only one left.
- The Alt Text of this strip says it all:
I had a really hard time writing this page until I just decided to draw some dinosaurs with jet packs and guns.
- Mitzi can taste your lies..
- Doc taps his own personal Theme Music Powerup by humming the Ghostbusters theme. Then, "I AIN'T AFRAID OF NO GHOSTS!"
- And since that wasn't enough awesome, the grand finale reminds us why you don't screw with a highly-trained ninja.
- Probably commonplace, given all the Crazy Awesome scattered through the comic, but... the Doctor, armed to the teeth, takes on an army. He's a ninja. So are they. It is awesome.
- "Would you believe you've got the wrong guy?" "No." "Pity. It's true."
- In the Bad Future, Gordito mentions that Dan and Mitzi McNinja went out "spectacularly". He wasn't◊ kidding.
- The Doc brings in some old 'friends' to help deal with the dinosaur problem.
- Only in this webcomic does Paul Bunyan punching out a T-Rex make so much sense.
- The Nasaghast is back with a vengeance. And it's killing the second horrorsaurus with a vengeance.
- One word: Yoshi!
- Chuck finally grabs a gun... and is stabbed through the chest. Nasaghast attacks. Gory and glory.
- The McNinja reunion tour continues. First part of his plan was bringing back the Paul Bunyan disease patients to fight the dinosaurs. The second part? Calling upon Dracula to break the shield holding the Ultimate Diplomat with his MoonLaser. At first it looks like it isn't working, but then... As if that wasn't cool enough, both McNinjas pull off an Unflinching Stand.
- "Hey Sean! It's me! Your brother! I'm alive!...Whatcha doin?" While we're at it that spoilered bit is another great Unflinching Walk.
- The Ultimate Diplomat pulls one off with his very first sentence.
- "I don't believe in mimes!
- Dr. McLuchador's methods of medicine.
- Dan McNinja has no time for your delicate procedures.
- Dark Smoke Puncher knows how to deal with eldritch horrors.
- Genuine Egyptian Mummy who can easily curse highly-skilled ninja? Not a problem for KING RADICAL.
- Well... maybe a slight problem
- Two words, DUBSTEP. QUARTET. Yes, King Radical weaponized dubstep.
- Although it's just be an April Fools joke, but this◊ page is probably the best one ever. Even the author admits on the next page's alt text that he wish it were canon.
- Behold! HOUSE BOT
- In-Story, King Radical has to pull off ridiculously epic Moments Of Awesome to fuel his ritual.
- MY FIRST ACT AS KING IS KICKING YOUR ASS
- A subtle one as Dan McNinja negotiates the price to hack House Bot◊: He says he'd like to control a giant robot before he dies, even though his first reaction to HB was to have Sean hack it.◊ The president than offers the "exact right amount of dollars to give up that dream". Dan just tricked the President into paying way more than what she was planning to originally.
- Ron creates another mech made of military vehicles.
- Oh I will definitely fightmy clone and my exat the same time. I do notgive a flip
- Gordito hits Hortense twice, the second time being moments after she kicked him across the room◊. And again. And again.
- Chuck Goodrich defeats one of King Radical's mooks by tricking him into be mauled by a snake!
- Archibald's Mummy friend of all people, saves the day by helping Gordito deactivate the Radbot.
- "Dude." The revelation of that one panel turns Chuck into one of the most awesome characters ever.
- Its also a meta-example for the comic itself. Looking back, you can obviously see the fact that King Radical and Chuck have the same facial features. But prior to that, no one made the connection thanks to how subtly effective King Radical's disguise was.
- Greetings from the future you son of a bitch!
- John McNinja apparently managed to trick the entire population of Atlantis into leaving so he could enjoy a vacation there without being bothered by fish people.
- John McNinja has no need to hum the Ghostbusters theme to fight ghosts. He just says OM and goes to work.
- The latest version of Chuck is an even more hardcore badass than the last one. His reaction to an attack by banditos riding velociraptors?
- Frans Rayner makes his return to the storyline. How? By kicking a ladder in half, causing the guy on top to fall off, complete with a Bond One-Liner.
- EXECUTIVE POWER.
- The unexpected and yet completely awesome return of one of the strip's most popular characters is marked with their trademark phrase: "Radical."
- "I got out."