- Zero's (in the movie):
Mr. Pendanski: (Hands Zero a shovel) Take it, Zero, it's all you'll ever be good for. You might as well teach this shovel how to read. D-I-G, what's that spell?Zero: (pauses, then hits Pendanski in the head with the shovel) Dig!
- Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Stanley stealing Mr. Sir's truck and driving it into a hole (accidentally) and then running away. Also a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Stanley carrying Zero up a mountain, unknowingly breaking the curse on his family, as Zero is descended from the sorceress who made it.
- At the end, as Stanley and Zero are about to leave Camp Green Lake, the Warden desperately begs Stanley if she can see what was in the suitcase. Stanley's response is to throw her Catch Phrase right back at her: "Excuse me?"
- In a deleted scene, Stanley imagines his camp mates threatening the school bully not to mess with Stanley anymore. This was only acknowledged in the book.
- When Trout asks Miss Katherine (pre-Kissin' Kate Barlow days) out on a date and she repeatedly turns him down:
Trout: No one says "no" to Trout Walker.Miss Katherine: I believe I just did.