- "Whoo! Bye-bye, Camp G- * CRASH*"
- The entire scene when Stanley steals the truck. The whoops from Stanley, Mr Sir holding onto the truck as Stanley drives it, and then him falling into a hole, followed by Stanley crashing it.
- In the book, When the Mary Lou boat is found, Stanley imagines that Mary Lou was a beautiful woman, but we all know how wrong he was.
- "Yeah, keep going! There won't be no Yelnats the Fifth!"
- "Well that's just TOO DAMN BAD!" Both the timing and the way the line is delivered makes the moment totally priceless.
- "Well, excuse me."
- "Once upon a time, there was a magical place where it never rained." (Long, tense pause) "The end."
- Squid's deadpan reaction: "I don't get it."
- The fact that Mr. Sir pronounces "the" with a hard e ("thuh end"). It's the one time Jon Voigt's faux Texan accent is exaggerated for comedy.
- Counts as a Crowning Moment of Awesome as well.
Mr. Pendanski: D-I-G, what does that spell?Zero: (knocks Pendanski cold with shovel) Dig! (runs away)
- During a montage in which Stanley becomes accepted by the rest of the campers in the movie, Armpit lifts up his armpits. Everyone runs away from the stink. Trust us, it's funnier than it sounds.
- When Mr. Pendanski asks Stanley whose fault it is that Stanley is at Camp Green Lake (obviously intending An Aesop about personal responsibility) and Stanley responds confidently, "My no-good dirty rotten pig-stealing great-great-grandfather!"
- An Embarrassing First Name reveal in the film.
Zig-Zag: Say, I didn't know Marion was a man's name.Mr. Sir: It ain't.
- This exchange:
The Warden: You'll do as I say. *walks out*Mr. Pendanski: What did she say?Mr. Sir: Not much.Mr. Pendanski: Then what do we do?Mr. Sir: You'll do as I say. *walks out*Mr. Pendanski: But you didn't say anything either!
- When Armpit tries to give the warden a knob he found and gets his weekly shower tokens taken away, who's more upset about this? His cabin mates. Their dismayed groan at his shower tokens being taken away is the funniest part.
Squid: Man, you sleepin' outside!
- When Stanley arrives at the camp, he's not too happy to be assigned a cot that previously belonged to someone nicknamed "Barf Bag".
Magnet: This was Barf Bag's bed.(shot of urine stain)Mr. Pendanski: (off screen) Keep your bed clean!
- When Stanley IV is sentenced:
Judge: Stanley Yelnats, please rise.All three living Stanleys stand up.Judge: (rolls his eyes and sighs) Stanley Yelnats the Fourth.Stanley II and Stanley III sit down; Mrs. Yelnats Dope Slaps them
- At the end of the movie we have a particularly silly Funny Background Event; Twitch, a hyperactive boy who got his name because he twitches whenever he sees or hears about a cool car (and indeed, was arrested for trying to steal one) had replaced Zero and Stanley after they left. At the end of the movie, when Stanley is leaving in a limo, you can see Twitch running after the limo excitedly before Squid holds him back.
- Mr. Sir's obsession with talking about how horrible girl scouts are. Becomes a Brick Joke when Camp Green Lake was converted to a girl scout camp at the end.
- From the movie, when Stanley finds the fossils, the other boys gather round to have a look, and Armpit reveals a hidden side of himself and squees in an excited voice, "Look at the little fishies! Awww...!" And then, as the others give him weird looks, he deepens his voice and says in an overly casual tone: "I mean, you know, see, it look like those cave pictures, man."
- The cast's commentary on the movie is actually really funny. Highlights include teasing one another for farting and threatening to boycot the movie for animal abuse when we see Mary Lou lying dead from a gunshot.
- When Stanley's lawyer walks to her car the first time after arguing with The Warden, she mockingly says:
- Mr. Sir actually says Oh, Crap! when the Texas officer recognizes him.
The Warden: I had no knowledge about this.Campers (laughing): What?!!(all the campers laugh)
- Right after that:
- Stanley telling The Warden "Excuse me?" after she begs him to let her see the inside of the chest.
- The statue of Poseidon seen at the end of the film is holding a shovel instead of a trident.
- Grandpa when the police are searching Stanley's room:
Grandpa: You don't have to answer that! We have the right to remain silent!Officer: Wouldn't that be nice?
- The campers talking Stanley and Zero's escape:
Magnet: Maybe he found Zero. Maybe they're still alive.X-Ray: Yeah, maybe the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are alive too.Twitch: Man, when Caveman stole drive that truck?Zig-Zag: (fist bumps him) Yeah, that was awesome.Armpit: Yeah, man. Caveman did have style.
- Yelnats the 3rd, correctly thinking he's finally gotten his foot odor remedy to work, tentatively approaches his moody looking wife as she's eating dinner and sheepishly asks "Honey... please smell the shoe." Henry Winkler's delivery, which sounds like a little kid afraid to tell his mother bad news, makes it hysterical.