- When Zero finds his mother at the end of the movie.
- Stanley carrying Zero up the mountain. Doesn't matter if you read it as Ho Yay or not, it's still ridiculously cute. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- "I can fix that."
- At the end of the film, all the boys rushing out to greet Stanley and even Zero when they return.
- From the 2003 Film:
Mr. Pendanski: "Nobody cares about him! Nobody CARES about Hector Zeroni!"Stanley: "I do."
- At the end of the book, Hector's mother sings this to him
"If only, if only, the moon speaks no reply;Reflecting the sun and all that's gone by
- "I don't smell anything". Stanley III finally inventing something successfully after years of hard work and bad luck makes this phrase more powerful than it should be.
- Sarah refusing to leave Elya after finding out about his curse. One could interpret her choice as a big "screw you" to destiny itself.