- Disturbed loves to invite other bands to play with them during large events, which can make for many a Moment of Awesome (this was before the Big Four at Sonisphere made the spontaneous-row-of-badasses thing cool).
- During the 2001 U.S Ozzfest Tour, the band was slated to play second stage, and on the first date in Chicago the band filled out a 10'000 capacity park with over 20'000 attendants (the main stage embarrassingly empty). The very next date, they got bumped up to headliner. That same day, their sound compelled Ozzy Osbourne to leave his office to see who it was playing; after their set he told Draiman they were excellent.
- Later on in the same tour, Disturbed played their first publicized cover or Pantera's Walk. The Abbot brothers Vinnie Paul and Dimebag happened to be nearby and joined them on stage. After the first chorus, they were then joined by Chester Bennington in a chorus of voices shouting "Walk!".
- This isn't uncommon. One Ozzfest had them inviting nearly the entirety of that year's bill to come shout "Walk!" with them and the Abbot brothers.
- Their Cold Gin cover apparently had Vinnie Paul along with members of Anthrax, Drowning Pool and SOil joining in.
- The band says that the moment they really knew they'd made it was when they got to headline at the Chicago World Music Festival, the venue where they shot Down with the Sickness.
- Music As A Weapon II, Chicago IL, Encore, Draiman inviting Pete Loeffler of Chevelle and Joey Duenas of Unloco to join him on stage to sing Stupify to finish the set.
- During the Indestructible tour (depending on the venue), the band created a Big Rock Ending guitar/drum/bass solo to finish Down with the Sickness.
- It was announced on August 13, 2010 that the band's Rockumentary Decade of Disturbed would be receiving a brief theatrical release in select cities.
- Aside from the standard lights, smoke and pyrotechnics, MAAW IV started concerts with Draiman being lowered onto the stage from a platform shaped like the Believe symbol. For the Asylum tour the band is promising to feature the most elaborate stage production of the band's career.
"Very theatrical, very dramatic, very visually stimulating."-Draiman on the staging
- The non-single (at the time) "Warrior" from Asylum managing to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 purely on downloads.
- When Rolling Stone had the audacity to put the Boston Bomber on their cover, David was furious, tearing into them with a "The Reason You Suck" Speech. It would later provide inspiration for the band's song "Legion of Monsters."
"HOW FAR THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN,I USED TO DREAM OF MAKING THE COVER OF ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE, AS IT USED TO BE THE ULTIMATE STATEMENT OF LEGITIMACY FOR AN ASPIRING MUSICIAN AND IT MEANT THAT YOU HAD REALLY MADE IT. OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS, ROLLING STONE HAS BECOME LESS AND LESS ABOUT MUSIC, AND HAS BECOME MORE AND MORE ABOUT BULLSHIT, POP CULTURE NONSENSE. EVEN THOUGH MANY OF US MAY NOT CARE FOR IT, WE WERE ABLE TO LIVE WITH IT…UNTIL THIS.YOU…DARE…TO…PUT…THE…IMAGE…OF…THE…BOSTON…BOMBER…ON…THE…FUCKING…COVER…OF… YOUR…MAGAZINE!!!!????ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ULTRA-LIBERAL, SYMPATHETIC TO A FAULT, FUCKING MINDS???YOU HAVE NOT ONLY SUCCEEDED IN BLATANTLY INSULTING AND DISHONORING THE VICTIMS AND FAMILIES WHOSE LIVES WERE FOREVER EFFECTED BY THIS RABID ANIMAL, BUT YOU HAVE NOW GLORIFIED HIS COWARDLY AND UNFORGIVABLE ACT. WHY? BECAUSE IT WILL SELL MAGAZINES? BECAUSE IT WILL CREATE CONTROVERSY? BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY DO SYMPATHIZE WITH THIS ABHORRENT, COWARDLY, PIECE OF SHIT? YOU HAVE MADE IT ATTRACTIVE AND VALIDATED THE ACT, TO A WHOLE NEW GENERATION OF WANNA BE TERRORISTS SEEKING MARTYRDOM AND INFAMY. YOU, AND YOUR KIND ARE THE REASON WHY PEOPLE THINK THAT THEY CAN GO OUT “IN A BLAZE OF GLORY” WHILE MURDERING INNOCENTS. HONESTLY, AND I MEAN THIS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART…GO…FUCK…YOURSELVES.THE NEXT TERRORIST/MURDERING INCIDENT, BE IT ANOTHER BOMBER, OR A MADMAN WITH AN ASSAULT RIFLE, UNLEASHING FIRE UPON A SCHOOL FULL OF CHILDREN, IS ON YOU.MAY YOUR CONSCIENCES (IF YOU EVEN HAVE THEM) WIEGH IMMEASURABLE HEAVY ON YOU FOR THE REST FO YOUR LIVES. I CONDEMN THIS ACT, THIS NOTION, AND THIS WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT FUCKING RAG OF A MAGAZINE. MAY THE POWERS THAT BE HAVE MERCY UPON YOUR SOULS, BECAUSE THE NEXT TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS, I ASSURE YOU, THE WORLD WONT.-GO TO HELL"
- Legion of Monsters seems to directly reference this whole incident.
- Announcing their new album in spectacular style, by using videos of the band's mascot awakening from cryosleep to drum up hype. Then we see what happns after he wakes up...
- The whole damn trailer for Immortalized.
- This cover of Taylor Swift's song 'Bad Blood'. Even David is impressed.
- Disturbed's guest appearance on X Factor Australia in November 2016, singing the Sound of Silence. If getting the recognition they deserve on yet another mainstream setting wasn't enough, at the time of airing, SoS had over 125 million hits on the official music video! And best of all, their performance was yet again spot on, with them getting a standing ovation from the Aussie audience, many of whom did not even know who they were!