Awesome: Dire Straits
- The Epic Riff in Money for Nothing. It's worth noting that in the album version of the song (which is 8 minutes long, thus the shortened version for the linked video), the song spends a full minute and a half building up to that riff.
- In fact, when "Weird Al" Yankovic wanted to parody the song, Knopfler offered/demanded to reprise the riff himself.
- "Tunnel of Love."
- And, of course, the solo at the end of "Sultans of Swing."
- The live version is even better.
- Also the solos in "Lady Writer."
- "Industrial Disease", a six-minute-long rocker about economic collapse, with an epic keyboard riff.
- Telegraph Road is fourteen minutes of awesome. Particularly the hauntingly beautiful instrumental in the middle, after "Three lanes moving slow".