- The benefit show Disturbed organized for Dimebag's family is this in so many ways. The band found out they were having to auction off his stuff to pay for his funeral, the ban saying "We have to do something". Disturbed only had to ask and the likes of Drowning Pool, Anthrax and Soil showed up to play in Dime's honour. Vinnie Paul has been close friends with the band ever since. It also resulted in an Awesome Cover.
- As of September 12th, 2013, David is a father for the first time.
A father's pride, my son walking beside me
- He mentions his son in "Who Taught You How To Hate":
- This video message to the band in the midst of their hiatus. In Moyer's Facebook share, he says it "just brought a tear to my eye."
- Disturbed being the Number 1 listened to artist on Spotify in two separate genres (alt metal and nu metal) is awesome. David's response on Facebook (in full in the quotes), nothing short of heartwarming.
- This tribute to David Bowie and Queen following the former's death in January 2016, something that is both heartwarming, and awesomely epic.