Animation: His Wife Is A Hen
His Wife Is A Hen is a 1990 Soviet-era animated short by director Igor Kovalyov.This surreal short tells the story of man whose wife is a (somewhat anthropomorphic) hen. The couple live a tranquil life alone with their pet dog/centipede hybrid in an apartment. The husband, however, is mostly unaware of the fact that his wife is a hen, despite her making no effort to hide it.However, the husband gets an unexpected visit from a friend who finds the avian wife to be quite an unusual sight. The surprise that the friend has over the wife leads the husband to start pondering whether he should also reconsider what he takes for granted.
His Wife Is A Hen provides examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Population
- And Then John Was a Zombie: The husband turns into a rooster at the short's end.
- Deranged Animation: Little separates the nightmare from the rest of the short.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The couple's pet.
- Ring... Ring... CRUNCH: What the husband does upon awaking from his nightmare.
- Russian Guy Suffers Most: And his pain is transferred onto us.
- Silence Is Golden: No words are spoken in the short.
- Unmoving Plaid: Variation of that with black dots spit evenly on the skin.
- Weirdness Censor: The husband has practically no idea his wife is in fact a hen, despite the fact's obviousness.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: It is Surreal Horror, after all.