Animation: Film Film Film
Film, Film, Film is a Soviet animated film (1968) directed by Fyodor Hitruk which chronicles the creation of a movie from the writing of a script to the premiere of a movie.It can be seen on Youtube with English subtitles here.
- Affectionate Parody: Of movie-making in general.
- Alien Geometries: the movie studio looks trippy.
- Camera Tricks: The cameraman is quite fond of these. The first time we see him, he is filming a fish bowl while upside down. Later, we see him filming a horse chase, while being right under the stampede.
- Development Hell: Parodied in-universe.
- Epic Film: Parodied. The characters are trying to produce a grandiose historical drama.
- Facepalm: The director does this, when the Powers That Be made him retool a funeral scene into a wedding scene.
- Gag Boobs: Clapperboard lady
- Lighter and Softer: In-universe. After Executive Meddling kicks in, the director is forced to reshoot an "overly depressing" funeral and mourning scene as a bright and joyful wedding scene.
- The Muse: She comes and goes to the scriptwriter as she pleases.
- Never Work with Children or Animals: The animals weren't a problem, except mistaking lion for a cow. The little girl seems to have been the biggest challenge during the production.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The director in the short suspiciously looks like Sergei Eisenstein (even if the author himself says that the director was modeled after another person) and the movie they're filming looks too much like a certain historical flick set in medieval Russia.
- Primadonna Director: Played with and parodied. The director may be an easily-angered dictatorial perfectionist, but he also really loves his job and has to endure a lot of pressure from the studio.
- Reality Is Unrealistic: Lampshaded in the short. They have to use a water hose to film a rain scene, and when the real rain starts they stop shooting.
- Speaking Simlish: The entire cast.
- Special Effects Failure: Played for Laughs in-universe.
- Thunder Equals Downpour
- Troubled Production: Also Played for Laughs in-universe.
- When It Rains, It Pours
- Weird Sun: A bright red one.
- Writer's Block: The scriptwriter suffers from one, but is saved by a muse.
- Writers Suck: The writer is a suicidal neurotic mess, and one can see why.