Single Proposition: Welcome To Corneria
Vote up for yes, down for no.
+9 (yeas:24 nays:15)
rename this trope to Broken Record Dialogue
- Assuming that even most RPG fans would recognize a throw-away line from Final Fantasy I is major Fan Myopia
- Corneria is also a Star Fox reference (and beyond that, made it into Super Smash Brothers as a level, further increasing the amount of people who would think Star Fox upon seeing the name), so Corneria doesn't fall under the One-Mario Limit.
- While the Final Fantasy series is one of the best-known RPG series even made, Final Fantasy I is nowhere near the most popular entry in the series, and thus the popularity of the series as a whole cannot be used as justification for the popularity of the original game.
- None of the towns in Final Fantasy I were particular memorable, further increasing the likelihood that the first thought will be of Star Fox
- In some versions of Final Fantasy I, the town was actually called Cornelia, meaning that not even everyone who played that game will understand the reference.
- The current name makes the trope sound more limited than it actually is
Total number: 1. Number shown: 1.
Total number of votes: 39