Single Proposition: Post Dramatic Stress Disorder
Vote up for yes, down for no.
This issue has been resolved and voting is closed.
+14 (yeas:18 nays:4)
Proposition: Rename Post-Dramatic Stress Disorder
- 70 wicks, 30+ referrals
- Currently one redirect: Victory Thud
- The current name is misusing its own Trope Namer, making a witty pun at the expense of clarity.
- "Post-traumatic stress disorder" is a very real, very serious, trauma-induced long-term emotional/psychological disorder.
- The trope is a generally short-term, one-time incident where a character passes out after victory; they don't suffer any lasting effects once they wake up.
- If renamed, "Post-Dramatic Stress Disorder" could be reassigned to Freak-Out, which is about about long-term, trauma-induced, emotional/psychological disorders — and even mentions post-traumatic stress disorder by name.
- Freak-Out is also up for rename on claims of misuse; renaming this trope could hit two birds with one stone.
- Out of 70 wicks, only one or two were actually misusing the name; no one's provided any evidence of it being misused/fixed in the past either.
- If we're going to reassign "Post-Dramatic Stress Disorder" to Freak-Out, we'd have to go through and update all the wicks; leaving it as a redirect isn't an option.
Total number: 1. Number shown: 1.
Total number of votes: 22