Page Action: The Wesley
What would be the best way to fix the page?
as a trope has a number of issues.
Note: Shilling The Wesley
- It is named after a character in an aging work.
- It fails the One Mario Limit.
- The Trope Namer is not solely known for the aspect described by this trope.
- It is partially dependent for its definition on Shilling The Wesley, a trope that bases its definition on this one.
- It is continually confused with The Scrappy.
- The term "Wesley" as used in this context is a TV Tropes creation and is not in widespread use outside the wiki.
- There is significant misuse in the form of wicks that refer to the character that is the Trope Namer.
- It has 927 wicks and 25,433 inbounds, so we must preserve the title (via redirect at least).
has a companion TRS thread and crowner here
This issue has been resolved and voting is closed.
+16 (yeas:22 nays:6) -5 (yeas:5 nays:10) -6 (yeas:4 nays:10) Redefine The Wesley
to clarify the concept, keeping the current name.
-7 (yeas:4 nays:11) -8 (yeas:5 nays:13)
Do nothing. The trope is fine as-is.
-12 (yeas:1 nays:13) Rename The Wesley
and retain the current definition.
Total number: 6. Number shown: 6.
Total number of votes: 104