Follow TV Tropes
Apparently Palkia felt he didn't get enough attention, so he's showing up alongside Dialga, like a photo-bombing Smeargle.
That's fine by me. I haven't gotten the chance to nab a Palkia because not enough people showed up to the Palkia raids I was able to get to last month.
It's very likely a scripting error on Niantic's part, so if you're aiming to do that, do it tonight, because it'll probably be fixed before long.
Nincada comes from gift eggs.
Oh, that's a thing now again? Guess I better get to opening presents again for eggs.
Only according to anecdotal reports. I haven't seen outright confirmation.
You guys ready to once again get sick of seeing the same five Fighting-type Pokémon lines again and again and again to the point that if you see another Meditite you're going to scream?
Joking aside, this Fighting-type event has a few extra perks:
Edited by kablammin45 on Mar 5th 2019 at 5:34:03 AM
I need more Machop candies, but I could totally leave the others. Double Stardust is always welcome, though. There's never enough of that.
Huh... we don't get that many Meditite around here (that said, I did get a shiny one last time we had a Fighting event...). Honestly, it's the Makuhitas I'm a little tired of seeing.
Still, shiny Machamp will be fun for showing off at raids. And shiny Primeape... will definitely be nice in the Pokedex.
Don't get a lot of Meditite around here, either (though Windy weather tends to make them at least make their presence known), but their inability to do anything useful and design I don't especially care for (and on a personal level, something about Medicham's design strikes me as off) means I wouldn't be heart broken to see a lack of increase in them. Thinking more, I guess Makuhita falls into the "I guess they're okay" territory. Not as useful as Machamp, though, which is a bit of a problem when Machop is three times as common. I do like the Makuhita design, but can't say the same for the Hariyama design.
Rayquaza weekend Mar 15-18 with apparently no shiny. Colour me surprised because that leak that was going around about this weeks before seemed super sketch, but I guess it was right. Also, the fact that they're not milking this limited raid weekend with a shiny chance. Also, also, that they're not doing it after Dialga for at least two weeks, since this is one of the few candidates they can get away with that on.
To be honest, I'm not seeing all that many Fighting-types in general. They're still far more common than usual, yes, but I feel like they're a lot less widespread than they were in previous Fighting-centric events. I still see normal spawns way more often than I see the Fighting-types.
Huh. I'm getting plenty of Fighting spawns (similar to Kuro, mostly Machops, but enough Mankey, Makuhita, and Meditite spawns that I'm still seeing a little diversity... also, a very slight uptick in Croagunk, though not enough that I'd be planning on building a usable one anytime soon). Which, of course, coincided with a huge spate of partly cloudy weather and a whole bunch of "catch 10 weather boosted" quests, so I kinda would like a batch of Normal types to clear these quests (or at least a few more clouds for the same reason).
I mean, I got my Nincada from a gift.
Also wow, T Ms for research huh. And surprisingly enough, charge TM is easier to get (supereffective gym).
Easier task to complete, yeah. I checked a bunch of stops yesterday (around 25 or so, which is a pretty big amount for where I live) and only found one copy of the Charged TM task. Meanwhile, I came across three of the (largely useless) Fast TM task.
On the flip side, you're more likely to burn a Charged TM than a Fast TM (given that most 'mons only have two choices for the latter, so you either get what you want or you only need to spend 1 to do so). So having Charged TMs more plentiful makes sense.
Double-posting to note some news: Niantic is announcing a new event next Friday, Legendary Lunch Hour, where more tier 5 raids will be spawning.
This will be great for other people, but my job mandates me to start my lunch at 1, so I get nothing from this.
It doesn't say more T5 raids, just more raids in general.
There are some mons here and there that have wrong fast moves so I guess it comes in handy. But yeah despite being easier charge tm research is rarer.
TSR managed to get some more details on the legendary lunch hour.
For one moment, I thought the above meant that you'd get eggs from gyms and that said eggs would hatch into legendary Pokemon. If only...
Speaking of legendaries, I'm pretty happy to see the Regi trio as the breakthrough rewards. Personally hoping that Groudon and Kyogre will eventually show up too; I especially want a Kyogre.
If eggs that could hatch legendaries could drop, it'd probably be something like a 1% chance of a gym or stop dropping a 20km egg that has a 1% chance of containing the legendary. The other 99% chance would, of course, be Alolan Geodude.
To be honest, I wouldn't even be mad if I kept getting Alolan Geodudes; I need the candies for evolution, and I haven't even seen an Alolan Geodude in Go yet.
You can pretty much only get Alolan Geodudes from the 7km gift eggs, so if you're not taking advantage of the friend system, you'll almost need to for most of the Alolan forms. Granted, they do sometimes inexplicably show up as unannounced extra wild spawns for some of the other events, but those are so inconsistent that I wouldn't bank on that.
The good new is that if you're specifically looking for Alolan Geodude, it's going to take you very few 7km eggs to find one (it's tied with Sandshrew for most common hatch on the table). They also use regular Geodude candy to evolve/power up (as well as generate regular Geodude candy when caught/hatched).
Huh, good to know. Haven't been getting any Alolan Geodudes from 7 KM eggs, though I did get a nice Alolan Vulpix from my most recently watched egg. Also gave me enough candies to evolve her, so now I finally have a Ninetails.
Community Showcase More