- Heartwarming Moments: Several across the books.
- Archangel: Rachel arriving to sing with Gabriel at the Gloria.
- In Angel Seeker when Rebekah is driven into the desert as punishment for getting pregnant, she's distraught to see her beloved brother joining the other men stoning her. After they've left she realizes the rock he threw at her was actually a water skin, showing he hasn't turned on her and has given her a chance to survive.
- Jerkass Woobie: Delilah in Jovahs Angel. She suffered a terrible accident that left her unable to fly again, killed her husband and ended her reign as Archangel. Unsurprisingly she's become rather bitter and unpleasant, she even starts a relationship with a man she knows is desperately in love with her and then informs him she's going on a death mission. Even after she regains her wings she's fairly selfish, immediately announcing to everyone that she will retake the position as Archangel, ousting Alleya - who has just saved all of Samaria and whose husband Caleb fixed Delilah's wings - from the position. Thankfully, Alleya doesn't mind and manages to smooth the situation over for Delilah but it was still a jerkass move and Caleb for one is furious.
- Moment of Awesome:
- Angel Seeker: When the angels come to Breven to announce that they will create a sanctuary for all women who want to escape from their abusive families.
- Jovah's Angel: Alleya and Caleb being the first people ever to work out that Jovah is actually a spaceship, managing to teleport on board and save Samaria from the flood. Then they decide to hide their discovery because it would throw Samaria into chaos, even though they could easily have used the knowledge to seize power for themselves.
- Woobie Species: The Edori are a peaceful, wandering people who go through no end of hell throughout the series. In Archangel they're being hunted down and sold into slavery or killed, in Jovahs Angel rapid industrialization is driving them into smaller and smaller areas, and they're on the verge of losing their whole way of life and being wiped out. Things are finally doing better in the Alleluia Files as they've settled in Ysral separate from the rest of society, but even then their ships are frequently attacked.
YMMV / Samaria