Overambitious troper studying creative writing at the National University of Ireland, Galway. I identify most strongly as a writer of fiction and poetry but I dabble in other media. I've only recently begun to get my work published — before then, my writing was mainly found in The Slender Man Mythos. I maintain a personal blog where I post whatever bits and pieces I feel don't belong anywhere else, so it's a pretty odd mix.
As well as creative writing, I have an intense love affair with literary studies, especially Old English poetry, which will hopefully be the subject of my Ph D. My third great passion is competitive debating, in which I represent the Literary & Debating Society of NUIG. I also write journalism with College People, The Daily Shift and SIN, and serve as literature editor of the latter.
I like words, is what I'm saying.
- Favourite book series: A Song of Ice and Fire
- Favourite novel: One Hundred Years of Solitude
- Favourite short story collection: The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More
- Favourite short story: ''The Metamorphosis"
- Favourite webcomic: The Order Of The Stick
- Favourite comic: Watchmen
- Favourite live-action movie: The Prestige
- Favourite animated movie: The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Favourite live-action TV show: Breaking Bad
- Favourite animated TV show: Adventure Time
- Favourite console game: Fallout: New Vegas
- Favourite computer game: Katawa Shoujo
- Favourite browser game: Don't Look Back
- Favourite solo artist: Sufjan Stevens
- Favourite band: Pink Floyd
- Favourite album: Illinois by Sufjan Stevens
- Favourite song: "Hey Ya" by Outkast
- Favourite volume of poetry: Everything But You by Yilmaz Odabaşi
- Favourite poem: "The Second Coming" by W. B. Yeats
- Favourite play: Hamlet
- Favourite musical: Les Misérables