- Keep Circulating the Tapes: V&A Top 10 has never had a home video release, likely due to the use of licensed video games, music videos, and movies from other companies (though to be fair, few YTV original series have been put out on DVD.) With GameTV no longer airing repeats, your best bet to watch episodes is either on YouTube or through tape trading.
- Long-Runners: In terms of both Canadian game shows and children's game shows, V&A Top 10's 15 year run definitely counts. You could probably count on one hand examples of each that lasted 15 consecutive years without being cancelled in between. Though unheralded as such at the time of it's cancellation, V&A was YTV's longest running original series (and it still is, if you don't count YTV's The Zone programming block as a show.)
- No Budget: The prize budget alone is proof of this (sponsored or not), as individual prizes were only rarely more expensive than a game being played that week (They did give away a ton of small prizes through home viewer contests though.)
- Official Fan-Submitted Content: Letter Time, where Nicholas Picholas read one letter a week from a fan (usually with their name, age, and favourite games & consoles), and a game played that week was sent to them as a prize. Past letters read during Letter Time were stuck on the wall behind where Nicholas taped this segment.
- Technology Marches On: It's hard to believe that the same show launched with Nintendo Entertainment System games in its gameplay rounds, and ended with Nintendo GameCube & Game Boy Advance games, all without a major change to the show's format.
- What Could Have Been:
- Had V&A Top 10 lasted into the 2006-2007 season, it would have been airing new episodes during the timeframe of the Wii's launch, but it was cancelled before we could see contestants compete against each other at Wii games.
- The show never featured Virtual Boy or Nintendo DS games on air either (even though both were launched during the show's run), likely because neither had a TV peripheral like the Super Game Boy or the Wide Boy 64 to facilitate them.
Trivia / Video And Arcade Top 10