open/close all folders
Seasons 1 & 2
The Professor Sergio Marquina
Played By: Álvaro Morte
A mysterious man with no known past, recruits a Heist Team to carry out the plan he has developed.
- Adorkable: Yes. Yes, he is. He gets flustered in one scene when Tokyo starts toying around with some origami figures he's made, for example.
- Badass Bookworm: He's a highly learned individual and polyglot, and in season 2 he gets in a wins a fight against Raquel's ex, a police officer, in about two moves and without getting touched.
- Crazy-Prepared: His plan takes into account almost every possibility that may happen - in fact, potential failures and mistakes are also part of the plan.
- Connected All Along: Andrés and him are brothers, as revealed in Season 3.
- Dating Catwoman: Somewhat. He knows perfectly well that Raquel is the cop tasked with bringing the bankrobbers down, but he falls in love with her anyway.
- Magnificent Bastard: Holy shit. He has plans within plans, can come up with workable ideas on the fly and prepares for (almost) any eventuality.
- Maybe Ever After: The series ends with him and Raquel meeting on an island and smiling at each other, but it's not clear whether they'll stay together
- Mysterious Past: No one knows anything about him. His name, his age, where he comes from - it's all a mystery.
- It is slowly revealed along the series. His father was a bank thief who was the one that had the idea of getting in the Mint and print money. He is in his late thirties. His name is Sergio Marquina.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He appears to be an Adorkable meek guy that would not hurt a fly. Behind those glasses is a brain that developed an incredibly complicated plan to carry out a heist that would steal more than two thousand million Euros and get away with it, and he is fit enough to knock out a trained cop with a Pressure Point without suffering an injury.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: He always wears a good suit, no matter the situation.
- Shout-Out: His false name is Salvador Martí.
Berlin Andres de Fonollosa
Played By: Pedro AlonsoThe Lancer, a veteran jewel robber who became a criminal to sustain his expensive lifestyle. An Affably Evil man, he looks down on the rest of the group, but hides it behind his fine manners.
- Affably Evil: He is quite corteous with the hostages - as long as they follow his orders, of course.
- Connected All Along: He and the Professor go way back, and are possibly even related.
- It turns out they are actually siblings.
- Frame-Up: In order to make the image of the Heist Team go down the drain, the police tell everyone that he is involved in child abuse and white slavery.
- The Lancer: He is pretty much the leader of the group within the bank.
- Mysterious Past: He is Sergio's brother, and the two have been in contact but separated for much time. Three years before Season 1, he and his friend Martín developed a plan to take all the gold in the Spanish National Bank - which the Professor uses in Season 3 to both honor his brother and to save Rio.
- The Sociopath: Literally unable to empathize with other people - although, surprisingly, he also has an almost pathological need to please others.
- Swan Song: Berlin knows that his illness will soon make him unable to keep stealing - so he aims to make the Mint heist his last, great work.
- Your Days Are Numbered: He has an illness that will kill him in a couple of years.
Tokyo Silene Oliveira
Played By: Úrsula CorberóA young, tough, impulsive bank robber, she has been alternating legal work with several robberies, the latest of which went awry and ended with the death of two cops and her boyfriend - and she has been on the run ever since.
- Ambiguously Bi: She makes out with Allison, but it's not clear whether that's because she's attracted to her or whether it's just a move to show her power over the hostages.
- Hot-Blooded: Her impulsive actions endanger the plan multiple times, and cause a lot of problems within the team.
- The Narrator: Her voice over starts and ends every episode.
Nairobi Agata Jimenez
Played By: Alba FloresA happy-go-lucky woman that became a counterfeiter after her boyfriend left her pregnant and abandoned her: her aim is to use the money she gains so as to regain her son's custody and retire somewhere else.
- Benevolent Boss: Torres, an elderly mint worker that she enlists to mass-produce the Euros they're going to steal, says she's the best boss he's ever had.
- Freudian Excuse: She got into the plan because she wants to get her kid back.
- Only Sane Man: Has shades of this, especially after Berlin starts going off the rails.
Rio Aníbal Cortés
Played By: Miguel HerránA somewhat immature, but Nice Guy, Playful Hacker/Child Prodigy, he became chief technician in a security company, but ended up on the Interpol watchlist when he started hacking and cracking security systems.
- Nice Guy: He's the one who has the most empathy with the hostages. Deconstructed because this ends up leading to the police learning Tokyo and him are in the heist.
- Playful Hacker: He learned how to program at age 6, and was hired by a security company, but then he was asked to hack a system belonging to a mansion in Geneva, and he's been on the Interpol list ever since.
Moscow Agustín Ramos
Played By: Paco TousA former miner who became a locksmith after illness forced him to leave his job, he started to use his skills to rob bank vaults and jewelries to feed his family. He has been in and out of prison for this.
Denver Daniel Ramos
Played By: Jaime LorenteMoscow's son, he has spent most of his life as a thug and trying drugs, which have left him with a Hair-Trigger Temper and bad disposition that he only relaxes around his father.
- Dumb Muscle: Not very smart, and part of the muscle.
- Give the Baby a Father: Ends up becoming the father to Mónica's baby.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: A life of thuggery and drug-taking have left their mark on him. Backfires heavily in Season 3 when he almost kills the National Bank Governor when he refuses to collaborate.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a bit of an asshole, but he loves his father and cares for Mónica.
- Lima Syndrome: Ends up falling in love with Mónica.]]
Helsinki Yashin Dasayev
Played By: Darko PericOne of The Brutes of the group. Little is known of this Serbian beyond the fact that he comes from a violent past, not helped by the fact that he speaks little, letting his weapons and partners do the talking.
- Badass Gay: Nairobi is surprised to learn he is this.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: When the Professor sends him to get their stakeout car destroyed and 1000 euros so the scrapyard worker would not ask any questions, he sent the money to his family and just left the car at the scrapyard, not taking into consideration that there was a good reason the car had to be destroyed.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Oslo. As Helsinki says it, they were together in war, in peace, in crime and in prison.
- After the Time Skip between Seasons 2 and 3, he becomes this with Nairobi.
Oslo Dimitri Mostovoi
Played By: Roberto GarcíaOne of The Brutes of the group. Little is known of this Serbian beyond the fact that he comes from a violent past, not helped by the fact that he speaks little, letting his weapons and partners do the talking.
An old friend of Berlin, he is the one that came up with the plan to take the gold in the Spanish National Bank.
- Camp Gay: He's quite affeminate in his behavior, and first flirts and then has sex with Helsinki.
- Eye Scream: He gets crystals in his eyes during a shootout, leaving him partially blind.
- His Heart Will Go On: Was in love with Berlin, but he died before Martín could reveal his feelings.
- Politically Incorrect Hero/Villain: He's a chauvinist.
- Shout-Out: Palermo's real name is Martín and he's Argentinian. Martín Palermo is a famous Argentinian former soccer player and current coach.
Played by: Hovik KeuchkerianThe expert in charge of the efforts to open the bank vault. Quite rough around the edges, but is quite the nice guy.
- A Girl in Every Port: When he talks to Denver about his many children, each is from a different mother, and each lives in a different country.
Seasons 1 & 2
Played by: Itziar ItuñoThe inspector leading the case, who negotiates with the mysterious Professor. She falls in love with a guy in the bar, Salvador, ignoring that he is The Professor.
- Dating Catwoman: She does not know that the Adorkable Nice Guy that loaned her his phone is the mastermind who assembled the Caper Crew behind the robbery she is working at.
- Fair Cop: She's pretty attractive and a pretty good leader.
- HeelFace Turn: At the end of Season 2, she chooses to hold back revealing where the heist team is meeting long enough to help them escape. She fully joins the team in Season 3 as Lisboa.
- Maybe Ever After: The series ends with her and Sergio meeting on an island and smiling at each other, but it's not clear whether they'll stay together
- The Scapegoat: She ends up being blamed for the heist team's escape, as well as several other problems that were actually caused by Prieto or others.
Played by: Fernando SotoRaquel's aide in the operation. He discovered the identity of the Professor, but has a car accident before he could reveal it, and fell into a coma.
- Convenient Coma: He's in a coma for a significant part of the third act, and the threat that he may wake up and reveal the Professor's identity dangles overhead for all of that time.
- The Lancer: He's Raquel's most immediate subordinate during the heist.
- The Mole: He is not, but the Heist Team frames him for that by planting a microphone into his glasses.
- His Name Is...: He found out about the Professor being behind the heist, but had an accident while he returned to the city.
Played By: Juan FernándezA Colonel in Spanish intelligence representing the government's interests in the case.
- Jerkass: The man continuously undermines Raquel's work and then berates her when his attempts at getting things done do not work.
- Rabid Cop: He puts a Kill on Sight order on the heist team the moment he arrives. That says a whole lot about him.
- Storm the Castle: His first idea is to charge in with all guns blazing and get it over with as quick as possible. Averted in the end: due to the presence of the British ambassador's daughter in the building, nobody else thinks it's the best course of action.
Played By: Mario de la Rosa
- The Lancer: He's the man in charge of the GEO (the Spanish SWAT) team assigned to the Spanish Mint heist, and acts as Raquel's second.
Played By: Najwa NimriA police inspector who is in charge of interrogating Rio, and later takes charge of the police operations regarding the National Bank heist.
- Pregnant Badass: She's heavily pregnant, but that does not mean she's not willing to join in torturing or joining the police operation.
- Sadist: Has no problem in torturing Rio, and actually feels excited when she learns she is to help with capturing the heist team.
- Torture Technician: She is in charge of interrogating Rio - by all means necessary.
Seasons 1 & 2
Played By: Enrique ArceThe director of the Mint. Now a hostage like all the others, he still has leadership and initiative.
- Bad Boss: He continuously bullies people around by threatening to fire them. It says a whole lot about him when Torres, an old employee of the mint and one of the hostages, tells Nairobi (one of the hostage takers) that she's the best boss he's ever worked for.
- Dirty Coward: The damned jerk makes a big plan to escape capture that he tells the heist team the moment they threaten to beat him up.
- Hate Sink: To make a long story short, among all of the cast, he is one of the most loathsome individuals. Cheating on his wife, Dirty Coward, idiotic attempts at being a Defiant Captive that he bullies other people into helping him with (and then gets them killed or nearly so), elitist, Bad Boss...
- Jerkass Has a Point: Can't really blame the guy for not counting on the Heist Team to keep their word to not harm them. Helsinki concedes.
- Miles Gloriosus: He managed to build himself a pretty profitable reputation by spreading Blatant Lies about his "heroism" during the Mint heist, his first scene in the third season being him as a guest speaker in a Spanish TED Expy.
- Your Cheating Heart: He's married and has three children, but he also has an affair with Monica, who is pregnant from him.
Played By: Esther AceboArturo's lover, she got pregnant of him, but he's married and with sons. The crisis could not have started at a worst moment.
- But I Can't Be Pregnant!: Inverted. She tells Arturo that she's pregnant and he's the father but Arturo badgers her that there's no way it can be his because of his low fertility.
- Defecting for Love: She ends up switching sides and joining the thieves because of her love for Denver.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Falls in love with Denver.
Played By: María PedrazaThe daughter of the British ambassador. Her presence prevents Prieto from storming into the building as he may have wanted.
- All the Other Reindeer: She's bullied at school, and things get worse after the recording of the conversation where Raquel tells the Professor that the police is willing to get Alison free instead of eight of her colleagues is made public.
- Brainy Brunette: Brown-haired, and definitely not dumb.
- Instant Humiliation: Just Add YouTube!: In this case, Instagram, when Pablo publishes a picture where Alison is half naked.
- Morality Pet: She is this to Rio.
Played By: Clara Alvarado