Unicorndance on Oct 24th 2017 at 3:49:37 PM
Last Edited By:
Unicorndance on Nov 6th 2017 at 1:59:23 PM
Page Type: trope
Someone who believes that Messy is Fun might have trouble getting along with a Neat Freak who won't let them play in the mud or gets cross when they dirty their clothes. The messy character might view the neat freak as being boring or a killjoy, which might result in Slobs vs. Snobs being in play.
Sometimes, the neat freak character gets in on the messy fun too after accidentally getting dirt on them, but other times they don't.
- Calvin and Hobbes: In one strip, Calvin and Hobbes are playing in the mud and Calvin says, "Face it, Hobbes, we're asthetes." In another, Calvin sees a mud puddle and puts some on his face, all the while saying, "Eww" but smiling.
- Implied for Pig Pen from Peanuts: We never see him get dirty, but he always is.
- In 101 Dalmatians, the dogs have to roll in the soot to disguise themselves as black Labs. They greatly enjoy it and one of them notes that they have "always wanted to get good and dirty".
- Barney & Friends had a whole song about having fun with things that could be considered "icky".
- Sesame Street: The Grouches (with the exception of Oscar's friend Felix) all value things we would consider disgusting. As such, they greatly enjoy getting dirty by doing things such as washing with cheese and taking mud baths. Slimey the worm also takes mud baths.
- In Avatar: The Last Airbender, Toph likes being covered in dirt because she likes to rebel against her overprotective upbringing and because touching dirt is how she sees.
- Muck from Bob the Builder loves getting dirty. He also hates being washed.
Muck: "You're lucky, Dizzy. If I was small like you, i'd roll in the mud until I was the muckiest Muck ever, ever, EVER!"
- Little Princess: Both the Princess and the Prime Minister like to play in the mud.
- The Loud House: Lana Loud loves playing in the mud among other gross things such as unclogging toilets, eating trash and expired food, and going to the bathroom in random places.
- Martha Speaks: Martha and Skits the dogs both like rolling in mud and digging through garbage.
- PAW Patrol: Rubble the puppy enjoys getting dirty more than the other dogs, but also enjoys bathing afterwards.
- Everybody in Peppa Pig enjoys jumping up and down in mud puddles, even ones who are otherwise quite clean/dignified.
- The babies in Rugrats, especially Phil and Lil, like to play in muddy puddles.
Feedback: 14 replies