* In general, the Villains side of the exercise increasingly slipping into a truly villainous mindset. Their attacks and methods get increasingly brutal and twisted and they are often even gleeful about them. They are definitely winning, eliminating almost half the heroes over the first 24 hours, yet they are rabidly furious for a few losses on their side. A few, like Extortion and Crudade, seem to still realize they are going too far but for most of them, it feels like watching one of those social experiments going ''very'' bad. Even their Nezu expresses worry that the villain mindset is becoming so ingrained in them it may ultimately become their undoing.
* The villain team drugs Momo, Awase, and Fukidashi and has Con Man brainwash them into building them an underground bunker before executing the three.
* Powerhouse attacks Kingpin in a storage room and just when things seem to calm down, and they start talking things out, Powerhouse flips and attacks even more ferociously than before, trying to maim Kingpin seriously. Even worse, the storage room contains crates filled with vials of Powerhouse's sweat. Even Kingpin shooting him with one of the paint guns (and thus eliminating Powerhouse from the game) doesn't stop him, and it takes Ectoplasm knocking Powerhouse out and physically removing him from the area to stop him.
** It is all too easy to imagine this as a real life event rather than a school exercise at some points. A hero team led by an abrasive self-important icon is confronted by a villain who knows their leader inside and out. This villain has no problem leaving a trail of bodies and broken buildings in his wake and his blitzkrieg of crime runs an ever-dwindling team of heroes ragged through failure after failure as superior planning, equipment, training, and teamwork propels his criminal empire to total domination.
* The first scene at the bank, where it is described as chaos with broken or faintly struggling civilbot bodies. It's too easy to imagine the robotic civilians being replaced with dead or dying people.
** It is all too easy to imagine this as a
* The first scene at the bank,
** Earlier in the sewers, Tokoyami keeps the Heroes on edge by constantly sending Dark Shadow back and forth, all while it laughs maniacally. It's one of the moments where you wonder whether the Villains are playing their part really well, or [[EvilFeelsGood they are enjoying it too much]].
** Earlier in the sewers, Tokoyami keeps the Heroes on edge by
* Monoma copies Setsuna's quirk and rips off his broken arms to regrow them. And before that, he had chopped off the tip of his pinky finger. The former moment causes Present Mic, who is monitoring the exercise along with the other teachers, to ''throw up''.
* Monoma copies Setsuna's
Showing 15 edit(s) of 19