Filum Romanum - A Thread for the Catholic Church:
- Note: The list of banned topics for OTC includes "abortion" and "atheism vs theism", as well as a number of others that could conceivably come up, what with the Church being a global institution and what not. Please refrain from discussing them, or, if they must be discussed, discuss Catholic doctrine on them. Tread lightly, etc.
- The Pope sends his condolences to the British people following the death of Maggie. Writing on PFI's behalf, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone said "he recalls with appreciation the Christian values which underpinned her commitment to public service and to the promotion of freedom among the family of nations."
- The Pope has embraced a boy with cerebral palsy. As part of his humbleness drive, one assumes. Good for him. The boy's mother said "I do believe that it was a kiss from heaven, to say 'this child is loved and I know him'".
- Pope Francis I urges "decisive action" on sex abuse.
- According to documents released by WikiLeaks, the Church dismissed human rights abuses under Pinochet as "Communist propaganda." In a 1973 diplomatic cable to Henry Kissinger, the Vatican expressed "the pope [Paul VI]'s grave concern over successful international leftist campaign to misconstrue completely realities of Chilean situation."
edited 9th Apr '13 9:02:54 AM by Achaemenid
edited 10th Apr '13 7:48:36 PM by Trivialis
edited 10th Apr '13 7:54:06 PM by Pykrete
edited 11th Apr '13 6:49:56 AM by Ramidel
edited 11th Apr '13 7:46:28 AM by Carciofus
edited 11th Apr '13 7:57:29 AM by CaptainKatsura
edited 12th Apr '13 4:39:48 AM by Achaemenid
edited 12th Apr '13 6:30:03 AM by 0dd1