Otoko no Ko wa Meido Fuku ga Osuki (input needed):
edited 7th May '12 11:42:32 AM by Raidouthe21st
edited 7th May '12 11:57:17 AM by Raidouthe21st
edited 7th May '12 12:04:02 PM by Raidouthe21st
- or to the comic store. The capes and tights crowd has pulled a lot of weird stuff over the years, and some indie comics are a little eyebrow raising..
- Premise: 4 brothers run a maid cafe. Slice of Life, I guess. Also... Gender Bender shenanigans out the wazoo. (No, that was not a Double Entendre. Yes, that was the sound of my professionalism dying.)
- Age: Unclear. Might be middle-school, never really stated from what I recall. Art style (incredibly androgynous) does not help. I can barely even figure out their gender, let alone their age.
- Explicit content: Very revealing outfits (on boys), a fair number of panty shots (on boys), visible nipples (on boys).
- Mitigation: Gag Series through and through. Almost seems like it's deliberately taking the piss out of your stereotypical moe, loli and maid cafe-obsessed otaku.
- Opinion: It feels like it's pandering - the question is more of, "Who the hell does it pander to?" Lolicons?* Shotacons?* Decepticons?* The aforementioned maid cafe-obsessed otaku? My current opinion is undecided, as I'm very tempted to just classify this as a Weird Japanese Thing, but that wouldn't solve matters.
edited 4th Jun '12 9:54:10 AM by Pyrite