Rename (alt titles crowner 6/19): Badass Spaniard get usage counts
Deadlock Clock: 16th Jun 2012 11:59:00 PM
edited 3rd Apr '12 12:50:18 AM by Shaoken
- The Badass Spaniard's claim to Spain need not be direct: Hispanic, Latin-American or even Latin descent is acceptable within this Trope. The important thing is that he has a killer accent and a killer instinct... Cuba is usually a good exotic choice, as to an American, Cuban and Spanish accents sound similar.''
- But he's NEVER from Mexico, since mexicans doesn't identify with the spanish culture (regardless of the De Facto language of the country) as most of their historical badassery comes from battling their way out of the Spanish rule, a Mexican is as much of a badass spaniard as an American is a badass englishman, unless he's of white Spanish descent (And even then most white mexicans does not care much for their european roots), like Zorro or Ricardo Montalban (his parents upper-class Castillians).
edited 3rd Apr '12 7:08:22 AM by Catbert
From October 6, 2008He is the Badass Normal. Nothing can stop him from his goal. He charges in yelling the Battle Cry of "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." The Badass Spaniard is any Badass Normal, or Badass Longcoat who has the 5-point advantage of being Spanish. Not only does he speak Spanish but his accent makes him even more badass.
- The Ultimate Example: Inigo Montoya From The Princess Bride.
- Luis Sera from Resident Evil 4. Pulls Leon's ass out of the fire several times during the game.
- Ramírez from Highlander (who is really an ancient Egyptian, being played by Sean Connery, but never mind).
- Technically a Mexican but still very badass: the titular character of Robert Rodriguez' El Mariachi Trilogy.
- While we're with Mexicans, One word: Zorro.
- Chilean, but still badass: any character played by Marko Zaror.
- This might be why Metaknight was given an over the top Spanish accent in 4 kids Kirby dub. Or it might just be to make him a Zorro parody. Or it might be that 4 kids are idiots
edited 3rd Apr '12 5:49:28 PM by Catbert
edited 4th Apr '12 8:10:32 AM by shimaspawn
- a swaggering or flamboyant adventurer
- a film, book, play, etc, depicting excitement and adventure, esp in a historical setting
edited 4th Apr '12 11:08:30 AM by troacctid
edited 4th Apr '12 11:18:08 AM by shimaspawn
edited 4th Apr '12 6:57:07 PM by shimaspawn
edited 4th Apr '12 9:05:50 PM by Shaoken
edited 4th Apr '12 9:17:08 PM by shimaspawn
edited 4th Apr '12 10:18:25 PM by shimaspawn
Alternative Titles: Badass Spaniard
19th Jun '12 12:07:28 PM