How to make a living writing:
- Write for advertising.
- Write for contests.
- Get a savvy agent to negotiate your contracts.
- Contracts for series pay longer than one-offs.
- Find grants. You'll have to convince the grant jury why you deserve the money.
- Speaking (get a minimum of $250/hr)
- You can charge less for Skype visits than in-person.
- School visits and book readings are great places to hock your work.
- Look into the Public Lending Right; you get some money when your books are in libraries.
- Access Copyright gives published authors $500/year when their works are photocopied.
edited 16th May '11 5:08:49 PM by chihuahua0
edited 16th May '11 8:47:43 PM by HistoryMaker
edited 17th May '11 3:07:40 AM by Vyctorian
edited 17th May '11 2:02:39 PM by elemcee
edited 17th May '11 5:56:57 PM by Dec
- Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit