Wario Land Needs More Love
, both on the Internet and in Real Life
Did it annoy
anyone else here that, aside from a miserable sticker and the equally unmemorable Chronicles, the series was completely
ignored on Brawl
? Even Snake's
convo outright states that "Wario was first seen as Mario's rival
but he really made his name in the WarioWare
games". Notice how there's no mention of Wario's own platforming adventures there, as if he was nothing but Mario's Evil Counterpart
kicked in? Had to get that off my chest.
I have played the hell outta Wario Land 3 and 4. I actually own Wario Land II, but the cartridge is glitched and won't save. Still top fun. I'm also a "Shake It!" owner, seriously an underrated game among the large Wii library. A lot of effort and care
was put on that game, and it shows...
As Known Unknown
wisely mentions, these games' soundtracks are overlooked masterpieces waiting to be rediscovered. I'll post songs from Wario Land 4, since that's the one I replayed recently...
Crescent Moon Village
- Atmospheric and catchy tune that won't leave your head
- Badassery in musical form. This is screaming
for a heavy metal remix.
Toy Block Tower
- Cheery n' quirky song, easy listening, even easier to love.
- An old favorite of mine. Good VGM Rock.
- A piece especifically designed to make you anxious. Once you hear it out of context, though, you appreciate its undeniable energy.
...Why don't we have a Crowning Music
/Wario page, again?
edited 4th Feb '11 10:24:12 PM by Richie