- Cliché Storm: In "The Longest Wedding", DJ 3-Pones hands out well-worn truisms ("With the power of friendship, anything is possible!") like they're cheap cigars.
- Ear Worm:
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The Orb has become really popular among the viewers. "The Longest Recap" even lampshades it, with Sweetie Belle wondering how the heck the Orb became so popular.
- Fandom Rivalry:
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
Cadance: The power of love will fill all plot holes!
- "The Canon Has Misfired", released August 2012: Twilight asks Rarity for a stealth mission outfit, and Rarity volunteers a gimp suit. "Magic Duel", broadcast November 2012: Rarity's "dangerous mission outfit" for Fluttershy is a black, hooded suit with gratuitous bunny ears and no holes for Fluttershy's wings. Coincidence? ...Probably.
- Episode 2, "Fillen' Dem Plot Holes, Bro!" includes one caption: "I miss the days when plot hole meant something different" (i.e. the days before "plot" was slang for "pony butt"). Much later, "The Longest Wedding" featured the exchange:
Shining Armor: Yes, Cadance! Fill my plot hole with love!
- When "Hippocritic Oafs" introduces Blue Twilight, Wacarb jokes that he's got 2/5ths of a set of Twilight Rangers. Then canon completed the set by introducing Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, and Moondancer—aka Orange Twilight, Pink Twilight, and Yellow Twilight.
- In "Faith to Faith", Pinkie "makes LittleKuriboh proud" by quoting "Shut up and take my money!". While everyone else finds it hilarious, Applejack thinks it's a comedic copout. The next two episodes ("Reading to Rainbow" and "Pirate Shipping") both featured stingers involving scenes redubbed with Futurama audio.
- "The Cheesen One" (released September 2013) suggests that cheese is important to Rainbow Dash, since it figured prominently in her mother's Final Speech: "Life is like a wheel of cheese... and you have to eat the cheese before it gets moldy." In "Pinkie Pride" (released February 2014), a giant cheese wheel features in Rainbow Dash's birth-iversary celebration.
- "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" introduced "Yellow Twilight" who was represented by footage of a yellow pony toy, and who wrote a Self-Insert Fic where Purple Twilight has a crush on her. Then in "Amending Fences" Moondancer, (an unseen pony mentioned in episode one) was finally revealed to look just like Twilight, but with a yellow coat. And Moondancer's behavior was surprisingly consistent with the interpretation that she used to have a crush on Twilight.
- In "More Weeds", Rainbow Dash survives a fatal shooting because she's literally too dumb to die. Twilight Sparkle is particularly angry about Dash doing this. But in "Rainbow V Daring", Twilight also winds up being too dumb to die, though in a more mundane fashion: she tries to commit suicide and completely bungles it.
- In Duckyworth's review of My Little Pony: Equestria Girls, he constantly calls his personal scrappy of the film, Sunset Shimmer, 'Slutset Sh***er'. In UFP The Movie: The Moviening, just about everyone, including Sunset herself, accidentally mispronounces her name as 'Sunsh** Sh***er'.
- When Pinkie and her first clone start saying "Bro!" at each other in "I am Pinkie", a caption pops up saying, "At least it's not two Rainbow Dashes." Come "Rainbow V Daring", Daring Do is essentially a second Rainbow Dash, and when they start spewing nonsense at each other, the captions plead for it to stop.
- As of season six, we are going to have a cannon episode titled "Stranger Than Fan Fiction", the same name as the UFP episode above.
- Jerk Ass Woobie:
- Twilight is a Know-Nothing Know-It-All, who abuses her adopted son, Spike, as well as her friends. But, considering she's already hated by the entire town for it, is banished there by Celestia, (and later to the crystal kingdom, For the Evulz), and Celestia has a creepy crush on her, all on top of being surrounded by general craziness, It's hard not sympathize with her sometimes.
- Also, Pinkie was an annoying Jerk Ass the whole series. But after she dies, and is unceremoniously replaced with Pinkie II, it's also hard not pity her. The best part: She's sent to pony hell. Which apparently is still marginally better then Ponyville.
- Rainbow Dash is a crazy annoying jerk, but considering that she's also The Friend Nobody Likes, Butt Monkey, has No Social Skills, AND had a Hilariously Abusive Childhood, it's hard to blame her for being a little messed up.
- Most Annoying Sound: In Rainbow V Daring, Rainbow Dash and Daring Do get in an argument where both characters utter random phonemes at each other until Twilight gets fed up and stops them both.
Caption: DEAR LORD MAKE IT STOP!
- Moral Event Horizon: Spitfire abandoning her own daughter for ten years, while telling her husband she was dead, only to bring her back, just to make Rainbow Dash jealous.
- The Woobie: Now has its own page