- The ending of "Edgar Allan Poen":
"So who I had found in my library when the friendship is new? A happy dragon, that's who!"
- At the end of the first season, despite the Grand Galloping Gala having Gone Horribly Wrong, the Mane Six, Spike and Celestia still found solace in their friendship and start singing together.
- Despite him being okay, it was nice seeing Twilight concerned for Spike when she thought he was gonna die in "How to Control Freaks"
- At the beginning of "Purple Party Pooper", Twilight is genuinely happy that her friends are going to visit her on her birthday. Of course, they don't make it.
- The Mane Six all came to Spike's birthday.
- In a weird way, Spike promising Pinkie Pie, he wouldn't eat them. Especially since this is apparently what kept him from killing Rarity.
- Rainbow saving two kids and getting to be treated like a hero by the town. Even if their cheering could use work.
- From the same episode: Rainbow Dash saying she likes talking to Scootaloo, even if she can't understand her in this universe.
- Them going out for ice cream, at the end of the episode.
- Despite Rainbow Dash being The Friend Nobody Likes, Twilight still came to visit Rainbow while she was in the hospital.
- Scootaloo finally getting to speak plane English, while in the dream world, after over two seasons of only being able to communicate with scatting and subtitles.
- In The Movie, Spike tells Twilight he can wait with her, while she is screaming off a bee sting.
- Aside from one or two moments, Spike and Twilight interactions were actually pretty endearing.
- Applejack trying to dissuade Applebloom from trying to earn Granny Smith's affection, so she doesn't have to endure any more disappointment.
- Pretty much anytime Applejack shows that she loves Applebloom.
- Soarin' accepting both Rainbow Dash and Fleetfoot as his daughters. This is probably the only time Rainbow has had a father figure, who actually likes her.
- Pinkie and Rainbow Dash actually treating each other like friends (Well, as much as they are capable of.) in Hell Cheeses Over.
Heartwarming / Ultra Fast Pony
Proof that even in a Sadist Show where murder is Played for Laughs, there can still be touching moments.