Proof that even in a SadistShow where murdering your own friends is PlayedForLaughs, there can still be touching moments.
* The ending of "Edgar Allan Poen":
-->"So who I had found in my library when the friendship is new? A happy dragon, that's who!"
* At the end of the first season, despite the Grand Galloping Gala having GoneHorriblyWrong, the Mane Six, Spike and Celestia still found solace in their friendship and start singing together.
* Despite [[MistakenForDying him being okay]], it was nice seeing Twilight concerned for Spike when she thought he was gonna die in "How to Control Freaks"
* At the beginning of "Purple Party Pooper", Twilight is genuinely happy that her friends are going to visit her on her birthday. [[SubvertedTrope Of course, they don't make it.]]
* The Mane Six ''all came'' to Spike's birthday.
** In a weird way, Spike promising Pinkie Pie, he wouldn't eat them. [[spoiler: Especially since this is apparently what kept him from killing Rarity.]]
* Rainbow saving two kids and getting to be treated like a hero by the town. Even if their cheering could use work.
** From the same episode: Rainbow Dash saying she likes talking to Scootaloo, even if she can't understand her in this universe.
** Them going out for ice cream, at the end of the episode.
* Despite Rainbow Dash being TheFriendNobodyLikes, Twilight still came to visit Rainbow while she was in the hospital.
* Scootaloo [[ThrowTheDogABone finally getting to speak plane English]], while in the dream world, after over two seasons of only being able to communicate with scatting and subtitles.
** She also finally gets a little payback on [[JerkAss Sweetie Belle]], by making fun of the latter in her own voice.
** For that brief moment, Scootaloo and [[TheWoobie Luna]] actually get to have a little fun together.
* In TheMovie, Spike tells Twilight he can wait with her, [[MakesSenseInContext while she is screaming off a bee sting.]]
** Aside from one or two moments, Spike and Twilight interactions were actually pretty endearing.
* Applejack trying to dissuade Applebloom from trying to earn Granny Smith's affection, so she doesn't have to endure any more disappointment.
** Pretty much anytime Applejack shows that she loves Applebloom.
* Soarin' accepting both Rainbow Dash and Fleetfoot as his daughters. This is probably the only time Rainbow has had a father figure, who actually likes her.
* Pinkie and Rainbow Dash actually treating each other like friends (Well, as much as they are capable of.) in Hell Cheeses Over.
* Despite Twilight saying she hates Rainbow Dash and only agreeing to help her with her test in hopes of getting her out of the for a little while, Twilight gives Rainbow a surprisingly good RousingSpeech, after the latter is about to give up.
* In spite of the.. interesting way they ended up getting married, it is heavily implied Big Mac and Cherelee managed to genuinely find happiness in their marriage.
* Spike making a genuine effort to cheer Rarity up in ''Creationism'', even if his efforts ended up causing a lot of trouble. Also, Rarity seems to actually treat Spike like a friend.