YMMV: Tom Swift
- Defictionalization: Thomas A Swift's Electric Rifle.
- Ethnic Scrappy: Eradicate Sampson - the, er, "eccentric colored man".
- Memetic Mutation: The "Tom Swifties," mentioned in the main page, are now the most memorable thing from the series. Even if they didn't actually appear like that in the originals.
- Values Dissonance: The race relations in the 1950s books are fairly cringe-worthy now. Thomas Pynchon called this out in his 1964 short story "The Secret Integration".
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation of Tom Swift's War Tank:
- Canon Sue: Tom Swift.
- Crowning Moment of Funny:
The lad observed that the stranger was clean shaven, except for a small moustache which curled up at the ends slightly.Joel: [Gasp!]Servo: A GERMAN!Crow: KILL IT BEFORE IT BREEDS!
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Eradicate may be a walking, talking ethnic slur, but he is the only one to successfully deceive and capture a German spy unaided - with nothing but a shed, a donkey and promises of sauerkraut. Tom and Crow are inspired to create their own German spy trap, which somehow works despite being on a satellite.
- What an Idiot: Ned.