YMMV: The Year Without a Santa Claus
- Accidental Innuendo:
Officer: I pulled you over for riding a — riding a — what's that thing?Jingle: This is Vixen.Officer: Riding a Vixen the wrong way down a one-way street.
- Adaptation Displacement: Not many people are aware of the original poem that the special is based on (and the fact that the Miser Brothers weren't in the original poem).
- Anticlimax Boss: Mother Nature is hyped up to be a dangerous, hot-headed woman, whom even her vicious children fear. The main characters are nervous but bravely go to confront her... only to have a charming friendly lunch with her and have all of their problems peacefully solved without any hesitation from Mother Nature.
- Although we definitely get the feeling she CAN be scary if she wants to be —she's able to frighten her sons into obedience, at least. (With lightning.)
- Contested Sequel: A Miser Brothers Christmas has a rather divisive reception. Some consider it a travesty and some find it to be a worthy follow-up to the original special.
- Ear Worm: Both of the Misers' Image Songs:
- "I'm Mr. White Christmas! I'm Mr. Snow!/ I'm Mr. Icicle! I'm Mr. 10 below! / Friends call me Snow Miser — whatever I touch / Turns to snow in my clutch! / I'm too much!"
- "I'm Mr. Green Christmas! I'm Mr. Sun! / I'm Mr. Heat Blister! I'm Mr. 101! / They call me Heat Miser — whatever I touch / Starts to melt in my clutch! / I'm too much!"
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy makes their songs even more catchy!
- The song the elves sing in the beginning of A Miser Brothers' Christmas also counts.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The Miser brothers, which led to them getting their own special several decades later.
- Evil Is Cool: See "Ensemble Darkhorse" above.
- Fanon Discontinuity: Many prefer to forget about the live-action remake that aired on NBC in 2006.
- Ho Yay: The Heat and Snow Misers get some in A Miser Brothers' Christmas.
- Just Here for Godzilla: After seeing it the first time, the real reason you'll see it again is because of the Miser brothers.
- One-Scene Wonder: Okay, so they've got slightly larger parts. The one thing people remember from this special is the Miser Brothers, in no small part because of those SONGS. Half this page is devoted to the guys, even.