YMMV: The Dead Pool
- Franchise Original Sin: All of The Dead Pool's problems can be seen in Sudden Impact. Harry, arguably a heroic fascist, worked best in the Seventies when attitudes towards crime and criminals were more liberal. The eighties were far more conservative and a cop like Harry is the rule, rather than the exception.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: No Deadpool of Marvel comics fame was not named after this movie. It's just a coincidence.
- It is impossible to watch Jim Carrey perform as Johnny Squares in his Hotel Satan music video shoot without laughing (even though it's not meant to be funny in the movie) Here, try it and see.
- Narm: The celebrity killer attempts to blow up Harry Callahan's car with a modified RC car infused with C4. However, the attempt fails when some kid playing with his own RC car interferes with the bomb-car's radio frequency. Instead of waiting for another opportunity, the killer starts a downright hilarious and awesome Bullitt style RC car chase across San Francisco.
- It gets especially funny when it dawns on you that Harry's driving a massive 8-cylinder sedan and yet somehow has trouble outrunning a radio-controlled toy. That must have been a hell of a modification.
- Retroactive Recognition: Jim Carrey as Johnny Squares!!!
- Also, Liam Neeson as Peter Swan.
- Signature Scene: The infamous RC car chase.