YMMV: The Covenant
- Complete Monster: Chase Collins is a young warlock descended from the bloodline of a wizard banished from a 17th-century magic covenant for using his powers for evil. When he discovered his abilities he enjoyed the power rush, and used his father's pain to convince him to kill himself and grant him more. He killed his foster parents in a car accident when they learned too much. He wants to cannibalize the other descendants for their magic to counteract the aging effects of magic use, even after being told that it won't work. He puts death spells on their loved ones to get them to grant it, for which he needs verbal consent. He kills other students for kicks. His only motives for his crimes are power and fun.
- Cult Classic: For a film that was trashed by critics and did modest business but didn't exactly set the box office on fire, its fanfic community is absolutely enormous. As of this writing, there are over 2,400 fanfics for the film on Fanfiction Dot Net alone, almost three hundred more than for Titanic, a film that just about every woman in her twenties or thirties has probably seen at least five times.
- Foe Yay: Obviously between Chase and Caleb. Also, possibly between Aaron and Chase.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Let's face it: if you never had heard of this movie and came across it on cable or something, your first reaction would be "Oh great, yet another 'supernatural romance/thriller' for teenage girls hoping to cash in on the Twilight craze!". Then you'd discover the movie actually precedes it by two years.
- Ho Yay: Ho boy...
- Narm: Many examples, but the villain is this incarnate, with the "Little Miss Muffet" and "Ooooh, witchy!" quotes being especially cringe-worthy.
- "I'm going to make you my wi-otch!"