- Anvilicious: "M.O.N.E.Y." isn't exactly subtle with its Drugs Are Bad message...
- Awesome Music: ...but most people won't care because the song is just awesome.
- "Girls" sees the band moving towards a Power Pop sound. It's beautiful.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment / Nausea Fuel: That one part in the "Girls" video where a woman randomly pukes pink fluid.
- Black Sheep Hit: "Chocolate" and "Sex" are different than the band's usual style.
- Ear Worm: Oh, dear Lord. When it comes to ear worms, The 1975 probably have even more than Justin Bieber does.
- "We go where nobody knows, we've guns hidden under our petticoats..."
- "Yeah, you wanna find love, then you know where the city is!"
- "WHY YOU TALK SO LOUD?"
- "Drink slow to feed the nose, you know he likes to get blown..."
- "SHE'S GOT A BOYFRIEND ANYWAY!"
- "It's just you and I here tonight, why don't you figure my heart out?"
- "For cryin' out loud, settle down!"
- "They're just girls, they're just girls..."
- Epic Riff: The repeating guitar riff in "The City".
- The main synth hook of "Heart Out".
- Signature Song: "Chocolate", though if you read the article you might've thought it was "Sex", which isn't as famous as "Chocolate" but certainly more Troperiffic.
- Tear Jerker: "Is There Somebody Who Can Watch You?". With a melancholic tone, a stripped-down piano sound, and Matty's beautiful voice, it's one of the group's sadder songs. Oh, and it's the final track on their Self-Titled Album. When coming after a funky jazz track like "Pressure", that's severe Mood Whiplash.
- "Menswear" could also count.
- "You." It's about an extremely dysfunctional relationship that the singer is still holding onto without really knowing why.
- "Robbers" has a powerful tone and lyrics about a love affair that's about to go downhill. It ends in a Downer Ending that will make your heart get crushed into ashes.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: A lot of fans haven't taken the band's second "Sex" video, which was done in color instead of the band's signature style of Deliberately Monochrome videos, very well.
- Matty lampshades this at the beginning of the "Girls" video.
Matty: Everything feels totally wrong. It's too...
George: I mean...
Matty: It's so pop...
George: We're not a pop band.
Matty: We're not a pop band, and it feels like a really... pop video. The whole scenario's not really what we're about. It needs to be black and white, for a start.