Subjective tropes for the book:
- Critical Research Failure: The death toll from the burning times was likely between 40,000 and 100,000 which is obviously a significant tragedy but is not nearly the 9 million she claimed.
- Fan Myopia: Silver Ravenwolf fans often think that she is one of the dominant (and most respected) voices in the Wiccan community. Not quite...
Subjective tropes for the film:
- Actor Allusion: Dick Sargent as Louise's dad.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: All together now... "I! Like! Boys!"
- Hollywood Homely: Louise is anything but ugly.
- Memetic Mutation: TOP THAT!
- Nightmare Fuel: For whatever reason, Louise's brother is just.....wrong. His weird voice, lolling eyes, grotesque panting, the bizarre almost perverted way he is ogling her birthday cake etc. He goes way beyond the normal jerky, bratty brother archetype to something altogether more......twisted.
- Unintentional Period Piece: You'd be hard pressed to find a more gloriously 80s film.
- Values Dissonance: If a teacher tried use the same methods to humiliate a female student today, including go through her personal belongings and showing off her birth control pills, he'd probably end up getting suspended if not outright fired.