Subjective tropes for the book:
- Critical Research Failure: The death toll from the burning times was likely between 40,000 and 100,000 which is obviously a significant tragedy but is not nearly the 9 million she claimed.
- Fan Myopia: Silver Ravenwolf fans often think that she is one of the dominant (and most respected) voices in the Wiccan community. Not quite...
Subjective tropes for the film:
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: All together now... "I! Like! Boys!"
- Hollywood Homely: Louise is anything but ugly yet she's presented as the unpopular nerd who Brad would never notice until she gets a makeover and become popular.
- Memetic Mutation: "TOP THAT!" - which is the most parodied part of the film and has gone down in reputation as one of the most Narm filled songs ever.
- Nightmare Fuel: For whatever reason, Louise's brother is just.....wrong. His weird voice, lolling eyes, grotesque panting, the bizarre almost perverted way he is ogling her birthday cake etc. He goes way beyond the normal jerky, bratty brother archetype to something altogether more......twisted.
- So Bad, It's Good: Jarrett Wieselman of the New York Post says of the film:
"There are good movies, there are bad movies, there are movies that are so bad they're good and then there is Teen Witch — a cult classic that defies classification thanks to a curious combination of songs, spells and skin."
- Unintentional Period Piece: You'd be hard pressed to find a more gloriously 80s film.
- Values Dissonance: If a teacher tried use the same methods to humiliate a female student today, including go through her personal belongings and showing off her birth control pills, he'd probably end up getting suspended if not outright fired.
- Vindicated by Cable: The movie was a flop on its theatrical release, but has gained a cult following through airings on TV.