YMMV: Summer Celebration
- Harsher in Hindsight: Alterman’s Ode to Intoxication, as he died later on from alcohol poisoning.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The code of honour Misha Barkhasid mentions is reminiscent of that of present day Russian mob Vor v Zakone. Even more hillarious, as Misha is stated to be from Odessa.
- The Woobie: Several:
- Tsiva is one, being tormented because he couldn’t bring his sick parents with him to Israel (though it wasn’t his fault, the Israeli bureaucracy wouldn’t let them on the ship), his sons became delinquents, his daughter Miriam Helen ran off somewhere, and the beautiful chalice he’d inherited is nowhere to be found after he pawned it.
- Miriam Helen herself definitely counts. The poor girl ran off with a charming man, who happened to be Woldarski...
- The Witch, though she’s somewhat of a Jerkass Woobie, being wooed by Siman-Tov solely for her money.
- Alterman himself, an alcoholic who’s openly mocked by his own characters.
- Yandere: The Witch admits in her final speech that was willing to manipulate the whole town, made Woldarski draw a knife to destroy Miriam Helen’s face, and had various terrible diseases and other horrors at bay to set upon the city which may or may not actually strike, all to ultimately get Siman-Tov.