YMMV: Sonic Rivals
- Best Boss Ever: Metal Sonic in the first game's Sky Park Zone Act 2. It's like a 3D remake of the race against him in Sonic CD.
- Best Level Ever: Meteor Base from Sonic Rivals 1, by virtue of not having to race a rival at all and just run through the level old-school style.
- Ear Worm: Almost all the songs, actually.
- Even Better Sequel: Rivals 2. More playable characters, better level design, better graphics, better soundtrack, and to top it all off, a Free Play mode where you can just run through the level by yourself with no Rival. While this is unlockable, it's a godsend to those who just want a classic Sonic experience with straight platforming and running.
- So Okay, It's Average: By and large, those who have played the Rivals games don't see anything particularly bad about the games, but also nothing particularly good that stands out.