- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: Quite a few.
- Ryo crushing Sugarawas fist with his skull.
- Ryo after his fight with Black monkey where you see him in one scene after he completed his ki training.
- Ryo defeating the Thai boxer.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Quite prevelant among readers.
- Designated Hero: If by hero, you mean Lord Byron or the old Roman definition, sure.
- Evil Is Cool
- Evil Is Sexy: Ryo does work as a gigolo throughout the series and gets paid very well.
- Moral Event Horizon: The titular character crosses this when he rapes his foils girl friend completly unprovoked and then makes him listen in on it.
- Nightmare Fuel: Ryo tries to cremate Rangah on a funeral pyre after the latter apparently dies from injuries. Turns out he wasn't quite so dead.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Ryo is supposed to represent how far society can push an individual, but honestly, he is a nasty piece of work who comes off as being closer to a Complete Monster than a Byronic Hero.
- Woobie: A very dark type